• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Having all four buns vaccinated with the combined tomorrow

Lady Logamorph

Mama Doe
I have got all my buns booked in for the combined vaccination tomorrow....just wanted to find out a few things. One one of my bunnies had the myxy single vacc but it was over a year ago so is she ok to get the combined one still?

My vets is charging me £22 each so is this an ok price and should I ask for a discount for having four done at the same time (I wasn't sure if thats a bit cheeky or not!)

The last thing is has anyone had any problems to look out for? Will having them all done at the same time be ok because of this? I don't want them all feeling ill at the same time.

It's probably best to have them all done at the same time because you don't want one feeling frisky whilst the other is feeling a bit down.

£22 is a good price, most vets are £30+

And yes the combi should be fine even if they've been previously vaccinated with the single

Thanks Tim, my vets are more of an agrigultural vets as I live in the countryside so they have got this vacc in because I requested it so they are very accommodating which is good.

Thanks for the advice now I've just got to work out how to get them all there I have only got two carriers...think I will have to ask some cat friends if I can borrow their carriers!

How big are the buns? Mine fit two each in their carriers and I think they like having the company too.

I've got two of mine booked in for tomorrow for the combined vaccination, as the vets at this CC branch want to stop using individual vaccines. I said that both rabbits only had their myxi jabs 4 months ago, and the vet said they would be ok to have the combined vaccine.

Price is £36 for combined vaccine (once a year) compared to £19 for individual jabs (up to 3 jabs a year) .

I'd also be interested to know if there have been any adverse effects from this combined vaccine.

How big are the buns? Mine fit two each in their carriers and I think they like having the company too.

They are pretty big...beverens plus one of my is a grumpy lady who beats her husband up when shes in a bad mood but actually my two boys would probably benefit from being together they will be terrified they hate going in the car...poor babies :(

My two just had it done last week. Both had the single Myxi & VHD just over 6 months ago. Both were fine with the vaccine.

I paid £25 each. You could ask for a discount, worst thing they can say no.

My two go in the one carrier :)

Back