• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

choosing to keep a rabbit single?

missFloppyears

Warren Veteran
how long can i legitimately get away with letting Poppet be a single house bunny before its considered unfair?

Im in the room most of the day, allthough occasionally i go out (rare occasions) the only time i leave the room is for toilet and to spend an hour with the outdoor monsters.:(
I like to think maybe oneday ill be ready to adopt another bunny but not for a long time not with my track record of bunnies dieng and breaking up :(
(and then finding a rescue who would rehouse to me):?

Id have to date poppet first and bond her in rescue shes so highly strung im scared to try myself, BUT thats a long while off.!!

i feel like the worlds worst bunny mummy right now, but my decision is final i cant face heartache anymore, all males i love and live indoors die. :(

I think with lots of human company she will be fine .. if she starts to look fed up then that will be the time to look for her a friend .. my housebun Nemo was single for 5 years , but he was warm , dry , well fed and safe and he had lots of time out of his crate and lots of toys ...

some rabbits are perfectly happy living as a single housebun ..

while its best in general for bunnies to have a friend ... life is rarely that simple ..some times we have to compromise .

You have to be sure that you're keeping her single for the right reasons but yes they can be fine :)

Spenser is a single housebunny, and although I have considered a friend for him in the past at the moment I have no immediate plans to bond him. He seems happy, and my gut instinct is that he wouldn't bond well - some might disagree, but I think at the end of the day its the owner who knows their rabbit best.

Stephen is a single house bun too. It is rare that both my OH and I are out of the house at the same time and Stephen is now free range so he has lots of space and access to his big toys like tunnels etc. I think he is a happy boy, he just looks lonely sitting on the carpet alone sometimes so am considering finding him a friend. :)

i think my emotions are allover the place. i know sh loves bunny companionship she adored her boys when in the quad. but she is.such a mard butt. im worrie any potential dates.may turn into WW3..
a big part of my decision is entirely out of selfishness i couldnt.cope losing another bunny so soon and feel like poop because of losing 2 so close together in such sudden ways.

I think with lots of human company she will be fine .. if she starts to look fed up then that will be the time to look for her a friend .. my housebun Nemo was single for 5 years , but he was warm , dry , well fed and safe and he had lots of time out of his crate and lots of toys ...

some rabbits are perfectly happy living as a single housebun ..

while its best in general for bunnies to have a friend ... life is rarely that simple ..some times we have to compromise .

this

If she is happy which I'm sure she is then I would just leave her as a house bunny with you....My female loves being in the house she doesn't like going out much and is always at the door trying to get in. She has a husband but she doesnt seem bothered if she has him there or not. When she had a sore bum I kept her in the house and she seemed to prefer it...Whenever I brough her husband to see her she growled at him and smacked him on the nose! I could imagine her saying 'not you again'. I honestly think some bunnies don't mind being on their own. My boys however get completely upset if they are seperated and when I put them back they run up to each other and nose rub so I know they are a happy gay couple.

Back