• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Uh oh

My little brown dwarf has little scabs all over it..

I has three rabbits

The other two are free of scabs

I don't want my fivey (angora) Covered in scabs much or my other dwarf

Would this be the cause of flees, he hasn't had them long?

If it is these flees that cause, (if it has them) why wouldn't the others have signs of them

I wash angora once a week never had any signs of them

ANd they don't Scratch like they have flees?

Could he have gotten into an ant bed?

You need to get your little one to a Vet sooner rather than later. If you go quickly then you can get treatment for whatever it is and this may prevent your other two Rabbits from getting whatever it is.

We can't really say what the cause would be but a vet could :)

I'd say take him to the vets to get an opinion, just in case.

When you say you wash him every week what do you use? It could be a product you're using or even just water drying out his skin? I just think that because you say he's the only one with the scabs therefore if he's the only one who gets a weekly wash that could be the cause, rabbits have really sensitive skin.

I hope you work out the problem and he gets better soon :)

I'd say take him to the vets to get an opinion, just in case.

When you say you wash him every week what do you use? It could be a product you're using or even just water drying out his skin? I just think that because you say he's the only one with the scabs therefore if he's the only one who gets a weekly wash that could be the cause, rabbits have really sensitive skin.

I hope you work out the problem and he gets better soon :)

I wash the angora.. He is free of the spots, an I use as oatmeal based shampoo on him

I took the two dwarfs off the street (free to good home) and I might not keep them too long

I wash the angora.. He is free of the spots, an I use as oatmeal based shampoo on him

I took the two dwarfs off the street (free to good home) and I might not keep them too long

Even if you are not keeping them that long you should get the vet to look at the problem.

Will someone else rehome them for you, a friend?

Ah ok, I should learn to read :lol:

I don't know what it could be, either something not really problematic or something that could make him go downhill and need emergency treatment fast, but unfortunately only a vet would be able to say :(

Although the other two buns don't seem affected yet it's possible that they may become affected soon if it is contagious (again only way to find out if it is is the vets :() and then you'd end up with three poorly rabbits all needing treatment, so it may be cheaper for you (and better for all the bunnies' healths) if you get whatever is wrong with the one boy sorted just in case it does spread.

I hope it turns out to be nothing serious.

Back