• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Another vet trip tomorrow......I'm getting nervous!

Oompa-Loompa

Warren Veteran
This time I'm taking Boris to a rabbit savvy vet :thumb: Yes, I found one at last. She's about 35-40 minutes away though so it'll be a longer trip than he's used to, and I'm driving myself crazy worrying about how he'll cope :oops: Like most rabbits, he hates car journeys, and even after returning back home it takes a while before he settles down. I was thinking about bringing Bella along for support but it somehow feels cruel to stress her out as well....but having Boris vanish for 1.5 - 2 hours must be stressful for her too as she won't understand where he's gone.....:( I don't know what to do and I can't stop worrying about this :oops:

Last edited:
If they are bonded I would take them both for company i always take my bonded pair together :D

If they are a bonded pair, I would advise that they both go to the vets. The stress of a car journey is not pleasant, but they could seek comfort with each other which may make it that bit easier.

Bonds can be broken by being separated.

Best of luck for tomorrow.:thumb:

Yes they are bonded. I've been taking Boris to the local vet on his own, and they've always been fine afterwards; last time Bella ran straight up to him and started grooming him as if to say "I missed you!":) But because this trip will be longer I feel like he shouldn't be going alone :( He seeks comfort from me while being examined, but I can't really do much to calm him down during the actual car journey. I can only imagine how scary it must be for him :(

(I wonder if they'll both even fit in the carrier......:oops::shock:)

I think they will, it's a bit on the small side but I have a feeling they won't want to move around much while in the car...so it should be ok.

Thanks xxx :)

Digby gets sooo stressed travelling, but I always take him and Daisy together, even if just one needs to go, they really do comfort each other and I think he would be a lot worse on his own. Good luck xxx

Back