• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How many buns do you have?

LittleEskimo

Mama Doe
Do you only have the 1 or 2 or do you have whole herds filling up your house/garden? I don't mean foster or anything I mean that they are outright yours.

I only have a pair at the moment and I always wonder what it would be like to have another pair or something. How do you cope with so many? Or is it easier to look after more?
And how do you find room for multiple hutches, sheds, playing areas etc :lol:

I used to have up to 11 bunnies at any one time, all indoors. Now I only have three (all lost through natural losses, not rehomed) as I am due to move at some point soon, so didn't want to keep adding. I also don't have as much time anymore as I used to back then, so 3 is a good number for me.

I do however also have three chinchillas, three birds, four dogs, axolotls and goldfish. :lol:

I have Estelle and Frankie. Just the two is enough for me.:thumb:

I do care for other peoples' pets so get to have cuddles with loads and loads of bunnies.

Lucky me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 here. I have a trio, and a single baby, who will hopefully turn the trio into a quad once he is neutered :lol:

I have no life, so more pets doesn't make a great deal of difference.

I have 3 bunnies, my indoor REW boys. If I had the money and space I would deffo have a big gang of them! :lol:
Have a dog, a horse and 2 sheep too, so pretty much at my animal quota (really want another sheep though, I luffs them!)

I have 4 buns (2 pairs) and I love them so much! :love: We have two seperate set ups and so its a bit more work that 1 setup but then we use litter trays and keep the hutches as easy to clean as possible and I spend my evenings outside when the kids are in bed cleaning them out etc...I top up hay and water when i feel them breakfast and then top up hay at lunch time and then clean them out in the evening so its all fresh for nighttime :) You just find a routine that suits you :) 4 is def my max though...I also have a lurcher pup and 3 young children so im done for now! :)

ETA if we had loads more space then I would have more for sure!! :thumb:

3 :) I'd love to have a group of 4/5 in the future when I have my own house but in reality I don't know whether I could afford it!

17 YAY (but three who are very much on borrowed time that my end imminently- thought, this morning it would be 16 by the end of the day).

I have two house rabbits and five outdoor rabbits who live in a summer house with attached runs. Never intended to have a house rabbit but V came to us ill and never went outside and then of course we had to get him a friend :oops:

Just one at the minute, bless his little soul but hopefully soon that will change and we'll have a new addition. I think my OH would kill me if we had anymore, he asked me to move in and got a huge hutch, a load of toys and a bunnybaby to boot! He's a darling though. :)

I have 4 rabbits in 2 bonded pairs, Sweep I've had for 3 years now, Hettie we adopted in March to be bonded with Sweep when his previous parter died, and Woody and Jessie we took on in April when a family member couldn't look after them anymore.

Hopefully, when I move house later this year and we've got time - I want to build them a massive set-up and bond them into a quad. I can but dream :lol:

7 that are mine, 10 fosters

my 7 are in 3 groups, dont find it all that more difficult to look after them, just the cleaning out takes longer :lol:

I have 4 rabbits, Fluffy and Jezebel since October then I got Scooter and Jigsaw around January I think it was.

It's quite a complicated setup at the moment as Scooter and Jigsaw fell out so there separate but the girls are together.

I hope to get a quad sorted soon then the scattering of rabbits around the house can vanish into the main living area

Two for me Ozzie and Twinkle, oh and 4 cats and 3 goldfish and 2 kids and a husband.

I will let you work out which of these gives me the most work!:lol:

a single pair is enough

no less than a pair so that they don't feel lonely without you

any more than a pair, you will have to share your time with each and everybun, by definition they get much less time with you

a big bonded group sounds fun, but it isn't really fair on the buns

I should know, I have had upto 11

better to give your time to fostering a few rescue bunnies

I have 5 in total... at the moment. 1 I have added all mine vey quickly tho. I got my frist one as a xmas pressi off my OH he fights so he lives on his own, he is called Timmy and was about 6 months old when I got him. He is a lop of some sort. Then in about April I got 2 more rabbits... My first pair. When I saw them I just fell in love with them and had to have them. One is a lop but not sure about the other. Then about 3 weeks ago I got another pair of Mini self blue lops but they had to be split because one is a little boy and one is a little girl. The will hopefully be man and wife someday :)

As for space I have a yard with all my hutches in it (6 hutches in total because I have 7 piggies as well) but at the moment me and the OH are converting a barn and we have a shed up there which he has said I can have for the pets. I am going to kit it out with a lot of hutches with outside runs attached. I cant wait!!!! Hopefully in the summer time just after we get married in July.

As for time I work shifts which means I either see them in the morning or at night, however which ever I do my OH is very good and will check on them at the other end of the day. He even got time off work the other day to take some to the vets. I even caught him feeding them some grass he had picked. I also get every 3rd week off work so I make sure that I spend as much time with them then as I can.

My rabbit collection has grown very quickly but I am very lucky that I have got someone who helps me to look after them and the space to keep them. Also the time t spend with them. At the moment my collection wont grow any more but as soon as we move then I am sure it will as I love them all and enjoy giving rabbits a loving home.

Sorry for such the long post but I guess what I am trying to say is that if you have the space, time and of course the money (I was lucky to get a bonus this year which paid for 2 new hutches) there is no reason why you shouldn'd add to your collection because it is so rewarding.

Back