• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

intruders!

missniknak

Alpha Buck
Next door but one have 2 beautiful female Rexes - a harlequin and an english. They spend most of their time in a small hutch over run but they do get the occasional free range time. I looked out to check on my two free ranging and they were going nuts on the patio - chasing in circles, nipping and pulling each others fur. I looked next door, the next door but ones bunnies were sat on the patio, the other side of our garden gate. They had dug out under the fence. I nipped round to tell my neighbours and the rogue bunnies were captured and returned to their hutch. However, Maisy is really on edge. Both her and Toby have been scenting the gate and trying to hump each other. They are not fighting now, but they don't seem quite right as they normally are. They are exploring and nomming, but Maisy keeps spraying urine around. Toby is following her everywhere like a little white shadow. Maisy dead-bunny flopped next to him in the garden and he tried to hump her!
I realise this is a territory thing, and they had intruders on their patch, but I really hope it doesn't upset their bond. They have only been bonded a couple of months. It was a really easy bond and they usually absolutely adore each other.

I really hope that Maisy and Toby manage to settle back to normal after having intruders in their garden.

It does sound like they are a little shaken up by the incident.

Fingers crossed for a happy couple of bunnies once again.

Best of luck.

Back