• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Anyone heard of Neydharting Feed Supplement, or Neydharting Moor Spa?

nessar

Warren Veteran
Apparently its a place in Austria and 'considered by some to be the oldest healing spa in the world'.

I went to the health food shop with the intent of getting some omega oil for Barney, because I think the reason he's not been grooming properly may be because he's getting a bit stiff and perhaps arthritic. Spoke to the man who asked what his food was composed of, when I said he got junior pellets as well as 17% protein he said that omega oils themselves might mean a bit too much acid, as his food being high in protein would produce a fair amount anyway.

He reccommended Neydharting Feed Supplement for Pets instead. Apparently it can help improve digestion, which would be good as B has problems keeping his weight up, and also can help improve mobility. Apparently cats, dogs, pigs, chickens, loads of animals benefit from it, and he uses it in particular to get race horses eating again when they are stressed. Now its all in german, as he imports it from Austria, but he gave me some info sheets on it in English.

It is basically peat and peat water from the moor, which I was a bit iffy about, but according to these sheets it has been tested for use in humans and is even prescribed and paid for in Austria by health authorities. The mud is special because it 'is rich in the rare pelloids which comprise unique substances such as natural trace elements, minerals and the all important humic substances which are readily absorbed by the skin. These substances, which can be used internally and externally, provide the body with the rich Moor biologically active synergistic ingredients and allow it to detoxify and cleanse and repair itself by natural organic therapy.' The supplement itself is a sort of additional thing they do, the main business is a spa, which although it can accommodate 400 people, is booked up 2 years in advance by referrals from doctors.

I dont know what to the think of it. The sheet says for rabbits to give 2x daily teaspoon full to food, although the man said they may prefer it in water and should like it. He assured me it was completely safe and that he's been using it for years and advising people to use it for years in many different animals. I've given them the 2 teaspoons in a separate dish of water, as it cant hurt, but B had a quick lick and then ignored it, and Anna is just ignoring it. It looks like mud water, and when given a good sniff, it doesnt really smell, but smells of earth/mud if that makes sense.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
You mean this, Jane? http://www.ausrichter.com/files/products/wildforage/brochure.pdf

Yep, looks similar, same stuff maybe? Mine is in German and is called ' Neydharting Heilmoor Tranke fur Nutztiere'.

The man did say that he found a different supplier in Britain, but that he didnt get the same results, and on investigating found that it was a mix of this stuff and some other mud from Norway (I think it was Norway), which had dried out, and whilst it had been rehydrated the nutrients werent the same there, which is why he switched to importing it direct from Austria to ensure he got the pure stuff. I wonder if the stuff he was talking about might be this Austrailian stuff, or maybe another variation...

Hi Nessar,
You posted this a while ago, but I just wanted to ask if you remember where you bought the Neydharting feed supplement? I haven't been able to find it anywhere and would really like to try it out.
Thank you : )
Susan

Hi Nessar,
You posted this a while ago, but I just wanted to ask if you remember where you bought the Neydharting feed supplement? I haven't been able to find it anywhere and would really like to try it out.
Thank you : )
Susan

It was the Windsor Health Centre in Aberystwyth, although on advice of my vet I chucked the stuff away.

Back