• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what size run for three buns?

As always, just as big as you can manage really.
Logically I'd say 18sqft of sheltered space (hutch, shed, etc) and about 55sq ft of run space?
That's just adding an extra 50% to the requirements for a pair though, I imagine you could get away with less.

If you're thinking of adopting I'd enquire at the specific rescue and see what they say.

I don't think you need 50% extra for each additional rabbit, because they share a lot of that space. If you have one rabbit, you can't just have half the usual recommended space. I vaguely remember seeing something say that you need 20 or 30% more footage for each additional rabbit, but I'm not sure.

I have 30ft of hutch space and 38ft of run space for three rabbits, but they do get a lot of free ranging time in the garden or the house (they're very active though and may be a bit wild). I wouldn't go any smaller unless it was only temporary. You do have to make sure the bedroom/hiding space is big enough to accommodate all three comfortably, or that you have several hiding spaces.

But I agree, as big as it can be.

Back