• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hmmmmmm ...

Kellylou89

Warren Scout
Well ... The weekend i took in a emmie rex .. The man i took him of has no idea on age because he's a rescuer and the rex's previous owner sadly passed away.
Anyway the rescuer said to me he is no older than 5-6 months because he hasnt yet got visible testicles he also said he is not castrated .. Well what i find wierd is that when i collected him he lay down in his carry box in the car and i saw visible testicles! Then the day after he settled i got him out and gave him a check over and found one testicle after having a quick look i found the other appeared too .. Today i rechecked and again all i see is pink vainey skin where id of thought they'd be almost like a slice pocket.
Is he young n gaining maturity?
Is he castrated?
Or does he have a problem?
I havent had this problem before because usually i have females or the other males are older and visibly see.
This post sounds odd but im making sure his ok

Bucks can retract their testicles up into their abdominal cavity, particularly if they are feeling threatened/fearful.

Bucks can retract their testicles up into their abdominal cavity, particularly if they are feeling threatened/fearful.

Really? Thankyou for that! Didnt know this
I can try and get a picture if its not going to stress him, il try when he's finished his food :)

Back