• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Need to brainstorm!

Bailey:)

Warren Scout
Hello all!

Sorry for posting this in here but I figured it would get more views here, which I need!

I am looking to clean up the old garden shed and attach it to the rabbit run however i've run into a few problems that are driving me a bit crazy to get round them :lol:

I'll get some pictures up later tonight when I'm at home to show what I mean, but basically I have a 6ft high, 6ft width, 12ft length run with a hutch inside that my buns have 24/7 access to. I am going to move the run over to the other side of the garden where the shed is located.

Now this is where my problems start..

1) The sheds doors are on the front and I am unable to turn the shed around in any way due to space (and my mum being kind enough to give me the old shed in the first place :) ). I don't mind the doors being on the front at all, it's just that the run has mesh on the sides and a wooden line down the middle. I'm unsure of the sheds mesurements at the minute but it will most likely overlap the beam. Also the doors open outwards. They are double doors so I could perhaps move it so one door opens? Anyone know if the beam is nessacery in the first place?

2) I will need to remove all the mesh from around the doors and around the catflap / tunnel. How has everyone combated the mesh? Staple it down?

If people have some pictures of the actual mesh meeting the shed and shed doors on the inside it would be very helpful! I'm a complete novice at DIY :oops:

I'm not going to be much help I'm afraid but to clarify, is the beam in question 1 in the shed? If it is, then yes it is needed as it gives the shed its strength/support. Take it out at your peril! If it's in the run part that you mention then again yes; beams are there to give support/strength and you may regret taking it out. Without seeing said beam however I can't say for sure.

It sounds like you have great plans for your bunnies' living arrangements though!

It'll be easier to explain when I have the pictures, but the beam is on the run. However it is on the side and seems like it is only there to hold the mesh (so it isn't wobbling around in the middle). It is a very sturdy run, the beam in question is on the 6ft side so I don't think it's needed that much but obviously I don't know for certain :lol:

I may have an old thread with a picture of the run, ill see if I can find it!

EDIT: I have an old picture of the run however due to the image sharing websites being blocked I am unable to post it :/ It'll have to wait till after work to post images unfortunatly. However I'm still looking for any advice on securing both together & any ideas of getting around the door situation if I cannot remove the beam!

Thank you :wave:

Last edited:
Thankfully my uncle (who built my run and hutch) is able to come up tonight and take a look for me! I'd be lost without him :lol:

He's going to measure up and plan it for me then I can go about fixing the shed up for them without worrying that it will all be for nothing :thumb: Im hoping all goes well and soon they can have a right big old palace to run about in!

Back