• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

lump on underside

Dave81

Mama Doe
I've just noticed a lump on the underside of Scooter it feels a bit scabby, is that normal?

I don't recall feeling it there before but I must admit I've never really checked there before.

No, it is not normal

It could be an injury, an abscess or dried fecal matter

I would take her to the Vet this morning

Whilst there ask the Vet to show you how to safely check your Rabbit's undercarriage. This should be done daily, especially in the warmer months when Flystrike is always a danger

Good luck

Thanks I've just checked over Jigsaw he feels fine, on Scooter it feels like something dry and crusty there is one on each side.

He didn't seem bothered about me touching them, I will ring the vet to get him booked in.

It could well be injuries from their scuffles, they are always easier to find when they scab over. Hope the vet visit goes well.

Now I have woken up a bit more I do think it's from the disagreement they had.

The angle of the scabs and the positioning of them is exactly where I would expect to see them after seeing the scuffle.

It must have been when they were up on their back legs Jigsaw must have caught him with his front legs.

Anyhow I will get him checked over again just to make sure that's all it is

Last edited:
PHP:
Now I have woken up a bit more I do think it's from the disagreement they had.

The angle of the scabs and the positioning of them is exactly where I would expect to see them after seeing the scuffle.

It must have been when they were up on their back legs Jigsaw must have caught him with his front legs.

Anyhow I will get him checked over again just to make sure that's all it is

These types of injuries can easily cause abscesses in which case having out found sooner rather than later is key to getting on top of things. Glad he's getting checked over.

Vets is booked for 1820 couldn't do this morning as I'm working, plus he seemed like it would be fine to leave until a bit later.

He was grunting at me this morning whilst I was trying to play nurse :lol:

Hey everyone, just back in from the Vets all is well.

Couldn't find any pus coming out of the scabs, she says they are quite dry and nearly ready to fall off.

I need to keep an eye on him just in case but confident nothing is wrong with him.

Scooter is currently sulking in his cage as someone stuck a thermometer up his bum :lol: he wasn't impressed

Hey everyone, just back in from the Vets all is well.

Couldn't find any pus coming out of the scabs, she says they are quite dry and nearly ready to fall off.

I need to keep an eye on him just in case but confident nothing is wrong with him.

Scooter is currently sulking in his cage as someone stuck a thermometer up his bum :lol: he wasn't impressed

I don't think I would be either :shock: Poor Scooter. Please give him a nose rub from me xxx

I will pass on the nose rub shortly once he is my friend again, I think some famous Apple sticks will make him come round

I will pass on the nose rub shortly once he is my friend again, I think some famous Apple sticks will make him come round

;) I'm sure they will help :lol:

Their mum would pass on her regards but she's stuffing her face with an apple stick herself right now :roll:

Back