• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Help... massive bald patch

Jocklock

New Kit
Hi there

I am fairly new to the forum, but would really appreciate some advise.

We have 2 mini lops about 2 yrs old a neutered boy and a girl.

Our little boy, Misty, had a 50p size bald patch about 4 weeks ago - when he had his myxi jab, the vet looked at it and said it was fine - just over grooming.

Last week , we noticed another patch -but it has suddeny grown massively = about 3x 50ps in a row.The patch looks quite scaly, and my daughter swears she can see things crawling - my eyesight isnt that good !!!

Anyway, I will try to add a picture later, but its all new to me , so might take a while.

Thank you in advance.

He seems in good health - eating , pooping etc all normal.

could be a reaction to injecton sight if no crawly things there, but if there is then id get your bunny back to the vets for treatment ether way :wave: welcome to the forum

It sounds like mites to me. Definitely worth a trip back to the vets, they might need to give you some spot on or similar. There is a type of mite that is nicknamed walking dandruff.

Thank you both.... I think i have found the culprit !! When I went out this am, there was a heap of Mistys fur - some with the roots still on :-( :cry:

Since then I have watched like a hawk, and have seen Rosie pulling it out of Mistys back - it must really hurt.

Any ideas what I can do to stop it ?

I take it they are both girls, are they both spayed? It could be the onset of some fighting.

Back