• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just wondering about rehoming old rabbits

Mirth

Mama Doe
How likely is it to find a 8/9 or older year old female small/medium rabbit for rehoming?

I doubt my mum would agree to it, if there are any, as she's looking after my 9 year old rabbit and I can only get home just over 4 weeks this year. Since I'm not sure about my future, whether I'll have to travel around or even find places to live that allow house rabbits, so don't want young rabbits to bond with him just in case and she doesn't have any experience with bonding and she doesn't want me to keep getting rabbit after rabbit while she has to look after them. She's mostly worried that when he goes, the other rabbit will be left behind with years left like what happened last Christmas when his mate died and I'd want to get another friend, although he looks and acts healthy and fine and my mum gives him plenty of attention and healthy treats, I'm not sure if bonding would be too stressful as he's shy and nervous nor how long he has left. His girlfriend lived until 10 1/2 years (est since they were both rescued adults), so I don't expect him to live much longer as they were the same breed.

Guess I'm just musing.

Back