• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vaccinations

Vaccs

My 3 have just had the Nobivac And the Anivac as the new one wasn't available , but they now have it in :D

Last edited:
Chloe is havingto have the separate ones as my vets didnt have the new one in either. Maybe vets are using the old stock before ordering in the new combined one???

Unless someone who uses the same vet as you can answer, I don't think anyone else will know what your vet has got in stock! Best to ring and ask.

All of the vets I phoned today about my buns' jabs have both. I'm inclined to go with separate vaccinations though - I don't mind paying more, I'd rather be on the safe side.

Sorry to hijack but does anyone know what the recommended age for vaccinations is? I've read so many different things and all three vets had their own preferences - one 6 weeks, one 8-9 weeks and one 10-12 weeks!

They need them every year, and one twice a year.

I thought first vaccs were about 12weeks, but each vet will have a different opinion I guess.

I am doing work experience at my vets and I spoke to them today about the combined vaccine and I was told they are getting the combined vaccine but they don't have it yet, so most vets are probably just using up the seperate vaccines before getting the combined one :)
The reason my 2 haven't been vaccinated against VHD is because I couldn't find a vet that didn't use cylap, and I didn't want them to get that vaccine, would the combined vaccine have the same side effects that the single VHD vaccine can have?

Back