• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Desperate for Rescue recommendations to find friend for lonely boy

Ninny

Warren Scout
I've just got a rescue house bunny and am looking for a wife for him but am struggling to find someone, he was supposed to be a foster but I fell for him and he's staying. Stanley is a approx a year old, neutered and vaccinated, and I think a medium / large boy. He's very friendly but is showing signs of loneliness and boredom despite lots of toys and I want to find him someone asap. As I'm a novice I'm looking for a rescue that can bond them for me which is why I'd like recommendations if he will be going there for a bit. To make it more difficult I don't drive and am disabled (very limited mobility) so can only do easy train journeys or not too far away if I can get a lift. We live near Harrow, North West London but can get trains from Watford junction too.
I know its a long shot but if anyone can help we'd be very grateful

I am sure someone will help you.
We all want to see more poor rescue bunnies find a good home.
And well done seeing that your lonely boy:( needs a friend.
They are so happier living in pairs (or more),mine are loved up
all the time.
Good Luck .
Sorry i cannot be of more help but i am sure you will have plenty of offers:wave:

Thank you. I've been looking at the rehoming boards and searching the internet and it feels like my brain is about to explode. I'm off work this week so can spend extra time with him but really want to see him settled asap

Hi there....:wave:

Have you had a look on rabbit re-home?

There are literally thousands of bunnies needing forever homes. Only a small selection are shown on the website.

I know that Windwhistle Warren re-home nationwide and Alice who runs the rescue does bonding. I'm certain there are also plenty of others out there who also offer such a service.

Be patient, other members will no doubt reply to your thread with more recommendations.

You'll find a bunny.........................it will just be a case of which one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best of luck.:thumb:

Hi :wave:
Yep, been on rabbit rehome and have emailed a few possibilities but getting to them is the main issue. Just had a look on Windwhistle and there is no-one suitable but thank you for the suggestion :)
If anyone knows of any good boarding places that can also bond that would also be good to know as it will widen my search.
I've been looking almost since he arrived and after a exhausting weekend at the London Pet Show and having lost a couple of my rats this morning I guess I'm not feeling my best. Show was brilliant though and I got lots of advice (and toys :D) from RWAF.

Windwhistle has over 80 rabbits awaiting new homes.

Only a few small selection on Alice's website.

Perhaps e-mail Alice and wait to hear her reply. Please give Alice a day or two to reply as she is a very busy lady with the bunnies and guinea pigs.

Best of luck.

Thank you. Kai was expected and I knew I would have to make the decision for him soon but Loki was still young and doing well after a nasty chest infection, he deteriorated overnight with severe neurological problems so it was a big shock. :cry:

Just looked and Windwhistle is over 100 miles away from me so will have to keep looking.

Thanks for all your help.

Try little angels in Essex or Eastbourne rescue if its not too far. Both have facebook pages with pics of the buns.

Cuddly critters is in South Ockenden, Essex - just looked on multimap and it looks about an hour away, don't know if that is too far for you.
Can't rate them highly enough though, and they do bonding on site free of charge if you adopt a rabbit from them.

Back