• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

We almost lost Peasgood Nonsuch! Wildie Piccies!

parsnipbun

Wise Old Thumper
The trouble with wildies. . . is they can squeeze through a 3cm gap, climb 6ft fences and swing through the trees . . or at least thats how it feels.

Peasgood Nonsuch is our 'wildest' wildie - having come into human care aged about 6 months or so.

This means that he does not come to the call at all - and has all the instincts of a wildie (well - except I suspect the survival instincts!) .- so he panics when cornered and runs like the wind.

He has a large run etc with his wildie partner Harebell but we still let him run on the lawn like all the buns do as its pretty much Fort Knox . . . but today he dug a 3cm deep hole under fence panel - most of them are onto slabs set on their sides but for various reaons this one wasnt - and disappeared into next doors garden.

Trouble was he forgot the way back and it was such a small hole he couldnt find it again to get back -

We had our hearts in our boots as we knew if he panicced and ran the wrong direction he would be totally lost - as there are loads of gardens with no fences next to us all running into each other and then a totally wild area with foxes etc . . It took 5 of us to gently shepherd him back towards the hole and the right garden - a relieved Peasgood Nonsuch dashed straight back into his run . . . I suspect Harebell boxed his ears for being such a worry!!

Here is a piccie of the miscreant . .

cb684242.jpg

and here he is again (on the right - his girlie Harebell is on the left )

c803e0f3.jpg

Last edited:
Crikey, what an absolute panic! So glad he is home safe. I hate the sinking feeling when you know they have escaped and my guys are domestic.

Fortunately all the neighbours are very understanding and let us trample all over their gardens. We really thought we might have lost him for good. Only the 3rd escape in 10 years of bunny owning (ans we do have a lot and they do free range during the day in turns) And one of those was when a friend left all the gates open!! We've always got them back in easily in the past but really panicked this time!!

Fortunately all the neighbours are very understanding and let us trample all over their gardens. We really thought we might have lost him for good. Only the 3rd escape in 10 years of bunny owning (ans we do have a lot and they do free range during the day in turns) And one of those was when a friend left all the gates open!! We've always got them back in easily in the past but really panicked this time!!

Phew, so glad your neighbours are so nice! With my guys it's a dodgy catch on the run the fosters go in and when I forget to tie it closed. Thankfully the ones who got out just started eating the grass!

Back