• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

sudden incontinence!

hibernaut

New Kit
my 7yr old neutered, lop eared male, jocamo, has been an indoor literbox trained bun his whole life. in the past 2 mos he's become incontinent, peeing when excited, peeing when running, just peeing everywhere. he still uses his box though. took him to vet who xrayed him, everything seemed normal, no infections. he is eating and drinking fine. only change in environment is family dog dying 6 mos. ago. his pee is a bit sludgy as well, vet gave antibiotic just incase, which did nothing. is this just age or behavior? I don't want to put him down but it's becoming hard to manage, and caging him for first time at age 7 seems cruel. any advice?? he has also become how shall I say, amourous, not humping, but chasing people, grabing their legs and humming.

they tested urine, not blood and did X-ray, vet said he seemed quite healthy for his age. I thought maybe spring fever, but he's never displayed like this or peed like water gun before. he has done the usual circling, but now if u don't have jeans on he'll lock onto ur leg n won't let go. I can deal with that, the constant peeing is another thing!

A blood test would identify how his kidneys were functioning.

I'm presuming they lookred at his joints to rule out arthritis on the xray?

Are there any other changes other than sadly losing your dog? Any new additions? Can of job? Any new pets in ahousehold you go regularly too?

going back to vet for blood test, x-ray showed no old or new injuries, healthy bones. I'm afraid he's gotten worse, no longer using litter box at all now. new happenings? my mom had knee surgery 2 mos. ago, sister has a dog that visits couple times a week, but they are comfie with each other and it has been 12-13 mos. since dog was introduced. I understand that he is getting older and things will happen and change, but I am terrifed that he's in pain and I don't recognize it, this is a complete personality change, from a grumpy, docile, trained bun, to this crazed pee machine that chases u around the house only to hug your leg for dear life. thank you for all suggestions and support, very comforting!

Back