• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Indigo to New home & thanks

honeybunny

Wise Old Thumper
Indigo has gone off to her new home with Jo ( Batmobile) I will miss her but she has a great home :D

huge thanks once again to Denise ( toffeeforever) for helping with the bun run
I have said it before but Denise is one of the unknown stars in the rescue world as always helps out where she can with transport
and she always bring pressies for the bunnies, today it was a voucher to buy some veg. Last time I met her on a run she also gave me some things for my dogs and she gives me a hug or two!..lovely lady...so thanks Denise :D xx

Last edited:
Huge thanks to Denise from me too. She has delivered or taken numerous buns for me and Jill.
Indigo is simply gorgeous inside and out. A little timid but I have fallen for her instantly. Almost like it was meant to be.... I miss Violet very much but it is lovely to have been able to offer another honeybunny a home.
We have had a few teething problems - Ollie recognised his stable as his and started chasing Indigo to the point where I was a bit concerned. On speaking to Jill (and hubby who is very calm and logical), I have confined them to the hutch within the stable (which is usually open and a 'litter tray/ bed) for a few days and will gradually increase the space. I hate confining them but they have had lots of noms and Apple sticks and hay and it is only temporary. There has been lots of grooming and washing, plus it is a big enough hutch that they can hop a little bit. On Wed, my day off, I will create a pen in the stable and keep them in there until the weekend. Hopefully by then it will have settled down. I have never had to put a new bun in another's 'old' space so it is a bit nerve racking. However, they are bonded and I am sure just need to absorb the smells. I need a day where I am off to keep an eye on it too. I think it was a case of too much too soon and Ollie being confused about this new wifey in his space. to be fair, I perhaps could have left it a bit and seen if it settled down but was so worried it would escalate that I decided to 'downsize' it.
I shall keep you updated and promise to post some pics soon.

Hopefully it will settle Jo. When we bonded Homer and Katy, any new space e.g. shed to garden, had to be done gradually and they then settled pretty quickly.

I'm sure Violet would approve of Indigo, she sounds lovely. We need to see some photos one they settle in ;)

Back