• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rescue Remedy and bunnies

BinkyBun

Wise Old Thumper
How many drops of Bachs Rescue Remedy is safe to put in bunnies water? It is for two buns sharing a large size dog bowl of water. Thanks for your help.

How many drops of Bachs Rescue Remedy is safe to put in bunnies water? It is for two buns sharing a large size dog bowl of water. Thanks for your help.

Hi,
Firstly you cannot 'overdose' on flower essences so don't worry about that. Secondly, the usual daily dose for essences is 16 drops a day per bun, however as Rescue Remedy is usually used for the shorter term (as it's for stressful events, shock, fear etc) then as both buns share a large dog bowl I'd go for about 10 drops.
Did you know you can also apply the Remedy directly onto their coat? Pop 4 drops on your fingers & pat onto the fur on the area on top of the head which is in the middle (so basically the spot directly central to the ears on the head). I always do this with mine just before car journeys/vet visits.
May I ask the reason you are using the RR for them? As if you need something on a longer term basis I would recommend looking at individual essences rather than the combination RR.
Any q's feel free to ask as I'm a qualified essence therapist for animals.

Hi,
Firstly you cannot 'overdose' on flower essences so don't worry about that. Secondly, the usual daily dose for essences is 16 drops a day per bun, however as Rescue Remedy is usually used for the shorter term (as it's for stressful events, shock, fear etc) then as both buns share a large dog bowl I'd go for about 10 drops.
Did you know you can also apply the Remedy directly onto their coat? Pop 4 drops on your fingers & pat onto the fur on the area on top of the head which is in the middle (so basically the spot directly central to the ears on the head). I always do this with mine just before car journeys/vet visits.
May I ask the reason you are using the RR for them? As if you need something on a longer term basis I would recommend looking at individual essences rather than the combination RR.
Any q's feel free to ask as I'm a qualified essence therapist for animals

That's very useful to know!!!!!!!!

I'm sure your advice in this thread and no doubt others will be invaluable.:thumb:

Hi,

Hi Sarah :wave:
Can you recommend any rems to use for my cats? I've got a flower rems book and have had some advice from a cat behaviourist too but there are a lot of issues I want to try to address. Both cats don't really get on with each other as male adults, plus I have an ongoing issue with Storm spraying. So I need to sort out the relationship and spraying! Currently using feliway spray/diffuser.
I've got some individual rems at the moment so able to mix them myself to save money!

Hi Sarah :wave:
Can you recommend any rems to use for my cats? I've got a flower rems book and have had some advice from a cat behaviourist too but there are a lot of issues I want to try to address. Both cats don't really get on with each other as male adults, plus I have an ongoing issue with Storm spraying. So I need to sort out the relationship and spraying! Currently using feliway spray/diffuser.
I've got some individual rems at the moment so able to mix them myself to save money!

Hi :wave:
Ok, first things first-can you list me the remedies you already have (make sure they are in date) & I can let you know if I think you'd be able to incorporate them into individual mixes for the cats (& save yourself some pennies).
Keep up with the feliway. Please could you also add how old each cat is, if they related, are they both neutered & has is always been this way relationship/spraying-wise or was it when one of the cats came into the household etc?

Hi,

:wave: thanks I appreciate your help. I originally got it for vet visits but now am using it in water bowl to help two newly bonded buns. Annie has been getting a bit stressed with Lindon. Lindon was neutered two months ago but is still very hormonal. No aggression. He keeps spraying her. She was speyed years ago. I was hoping to use RR to calm them both. Any suggestions?

:wave: thanks I appreciate your help. I originally got it for vet visits but now am using it in water bowl to help two newly bonded buns. Annie has been getting a bit stressed with Lindon. Lindon was neutered two months ago but is still very hormonal. No aggression. He keeps spraying her. She was speyed years ago. I was hoping to use RR to calm them both. Any suggestions?

Ok going on the info you've given me I would highly recommend you start using Bach's 'Walnut' - this essence is great for changes of any kind that can cause upset, such as, hormones, new homes, stressful situations etc, so in your buns circumstances:
hormonal changes of Lindon (as it sounds like hormones are still needing time to settle down) & in Annie's case; upset caused by the stresses of having an over-enthusiastic partner!

This essence can be used as I mentioned above, so drops in the shared water bowl, drops on the acu-point (top of the head lying half way between the ears - pop drops on your fingers & simply smooth on the coat) &/or drops on veges/herbs/treats.
The recommendation is 16 drops per bun per day separated i.e x 8 drops twice a day or x4 drops four times a day etc. However, the most important part is being consistent as intake is more important than numbers of drops, so as long as you are doing something daily that is the main thing. I would suggest upping the drops into the water compared to the RR - so as it is a large dog bowl, put in 16 drops every time the water is replaced then 'top up' your other drops per bun with any of the other methods outlined above (estimating that each bun is getting roughly x 8 drops each from water dose).

I do have another essence suggestion for Annie which helps with fears/anxieties, which is Bach's 'Mimulus' but as the buns share a bowl this one would have to be given by any other method apart from the water.

I would suggest going with the 'Walnut' & then if you're happy with the routine of the process add in the 'Mimulus' to Annie's routine, but if you just wanted to purchase 1 remedy for now then definately opt for the 'Walnut' as it should help them both.
Most health stores sell the Bach range & even Boots stock it now it so you shouldn't have a problem getting hold of anything.

Changes can usually be seen within 2-3 weeks but I must admit sometimes it can be quicker as I've had success with buns in a week using essences so just keep positive & stick with it.

Any q's please feel free to ask on here or PM me - do let me know how you get on, good luck :thumb:

Last edited:
Thanks Sonnet :wave: I've ordered both those remedies for my buns. Hopefully be here soon. I'll carry on with the RR until they arrive xx

Back