• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Moving house tomorrow, any bunny tips? Update: Now moved, with pictures!

Kavanne

Mama Doe
We are going to move them last and as theyre free range house buns here, we are going to pen off an area for them in the new place.

How long should we pen them for before giving them run of , say, a room and then the whole place?

I wasn't going to give them any veggies tomorrow as I don't want to risk upsetting their tums as they'll be stressed.

What else do we need to do?

Last edited:
Sounds like you're doing it all right. My opinion would be to get one room unpacked and let them have run of that room until the rest of the house is done. Or give them their pen until teh house is done. I think they would feel safer that way, rathert han everything moving around all the time. Plus it's probably safer, if oyu unpack anything like us you'll be carrying things bigger than you and probably trip over the buns. Or the bottom of boxes will fall out... :D

A pen is a good idea, also, if possible, save their litter tray, plus any old bedding (towels etc.) and toys/boxes even if they are a bit tatty. It will all help the pen smell familiar and help them settle.

Well, the pen lasted 2 mins even though I put a roof on it and I was SURE it was bunny proof. They stayed in their crate for a couple of hours before they made it clear it was time for mummy to let them survey their new kingdom.

Here's some pictures of them settling in:

Rupert - Nope, not going out there mum.
9cbd9552.jpg

Maybe it's not so bad under here:
52c7f63e.jpg

Sapphire chomping before I've even unpacked:
7b4f9c5e.jpg

Rupert's second drinky:
c1882967.jpg

Get that camera out of my face, mummeh!
6703fd55.jpg

And here's is my bonus picture. My new next door neighbour, a very grumpy 3 legged cat!
8d4e6161.jpg

Back