• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

fundraising faq & tips etc.

Tamsin

Administrator
Staff member
The mods were just discussing it might be a good idea to have a sticky for fundraising with some common questions/tips for people thinking about fundraising. Not specifically how to use the fundraising section but things like the best ways to collect cash or a list of things you should do before getting started.

Can you imagine you want to help raise funds for a rescue and think up some questions you'd have? Or if you'd done fundraising before perhaps some tips/things you've learnt to pass on? Good ideas for your first try perhaps?

Good idea!!!!

I've only popped on RU for a minute or two, but will be happy to share some of my fundraising tips tomorrow.

Two weeks time I'll be doing a fundraiser for Windwhistle so my brain is in gear.......................for once!!!

Chocolate , crisps and biscuits make money for rescue

Started getting these for where OH works - lunchtimes, breaks etc via an honesty box.

Buy choc when its four bars for a pound

Buy crisps when they are 24 packets for £3

Buy four small packets of biccys for a pound

In about four months we raised over £160.

..... and we are still raising money - the only drawback is that the supermarkets think WE are choc n crisp n biscuiit oholic s !!!

People are very generous with the money they put in the box - it also assists them with their laziness..... because they cant be bothered to go out at lunchtime to get anything so they are able to nip to the "cardboardbox" and take out what they wish... and feed the piggy bank for the bunnies.

:thumb:

Last edited:
Started selling these at OH works - lunchtimes, breaks etc via an honesty box.

Buy choc when its four bars for a pound and sell them at 40p, Still cheaper than the shop.

Buy crisps when they are 24 packets for £3 or less and sell at 30p.

Buy four small packets of biccys for a pound and sell for 40p.

In about four months we raised over £160.

..... and we are still raising money - the only drawback is that the supermarkets think WE are choc n crisp n biscuiit oholic s !!!

:thumb:

I thought selling multipacks and reselling as singles was illegal, but not sure whether this is the case when raising money for charity:?

I thought selling multipacks and reselling as singles was illegal, but not sure whether this is the case when raising money for charity:?

no because Julie posted incorrectly
she said about the honesty box..well what she does is buy chocolate and gives it away at her office, but the people she gives it to know she supports Honeybunnies and if they wish they can make a donation in the box..luckily her office co workers are lovely :)

and Julie you need to edit you post to corect it!! :D

Back