• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

So proud of Derek

sally1974

Wise Old Thumper
I took Derek to the country park behind my house today and let him off the lead for the first time, he was so good and stayed by my side the whole time. He is only 4 months old. I am so impressed.

525610_3649668893973_1641994382_2790565_1019650354_n.jpg

Well done little man!! :love::love:

I remember the first time I let Howard off lead. He ran a little way ahead so I called him back and he came bounding to me and sat at my feet! I was so proud I nearly cried! :lol:

Well done little man!! :love::love:

I remember the first time I let Howard off lead. He ran a little way ahead so I called him back and he came bounding to me and sat at my feet! I was so proud I nearly cried! :lol:

Awwww that is so cute :love: I felt like doing that wih Derek:lol:

I remember taking my OH's grandparent's dogs to the beach. One was just a puppy who hadn't been off the lead yet. I had no intention of letting him off but he slipped out of the collar and ran. I pooped myself! He wasn't even my dog. And I called him and he came running back. :love:

Such a good feeling. And Derek is so cute.

Aww - he's such a sweetie :love:. But be warned, puppies often do this the first few weeks that they're off the lead. In my experience, they're a little bewildered by the 'big, bad World' initially but after a week or two they seem to find their feet. It's THEN that you let them off the lead, do your usual recall with a treat to entice them back and they look at you, stick two fingers up and go "nah, not right now" :lol::lol::lol:.

Aww - he's such a sweetie :love:. But be warned, puppies often do this the first few weeks that they're off the lead. In my experience, they're a little bewildered by the 'big, bad World' initially but after a week or two they seem to find their feet. It's THEN that you let them off the lead, do your usual recall with a treat to entice them back and they look at you, stick two fingers up and go "nah, not right now" :lol::lol::lol:.

Ha ha - totally agree :thumb:

Fidget seems to have trouble with his hearing when we're at the country park. If I call him in a 'slightly' sterner manner though, he runs straight back :love:

Derek is ADORABLE!!! .......... I just love him :love:

I love him even more now that he's clever too :lol:

Back