• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tameside Rescue?

okikokikate

Mama Doe
Off to Tameside Rescue today to see if my littleun fancies herself a fella lol

I dont know what to expect, does anyone have any experience of Tameside bonding?

i've just had a look at their website and had a good laugh at the names - tony, kev... and especially 'eamon'. :lol: oh, i thought, how funny, they have people's names....then i remembered my rabbits are called matthew, tabitha, charles and cecile!:oops::lol::lol::lol:

i've just had a look at their website and had a good laugh at the names - tony, kev... and especially 'eamon'. :lol: oh, i thought, how funny, they have people's names....then i remembered my rabbits are called matthew, tabitha, charles and cecile!:oops::lol::lol::lol:

:lol:

I thought it unusual, but looking on here lots of people do.
Haha happybun forgetting ur own little fluffy people :lol:
Oh has fallen in love with Geoff. he just thinks Geoff is a great bun name too....haha

Did they come out and homecheck?
Did you take Daisy to see Digby?

No, no homecheck or anything! :shock: I was really surprised actually! And I didn't take Daisy, because she's so laid back and affectionate that I don't think she would dislike any bun! :love: but if she hadn't been like that I probably would've taken her. :wave:
Good luck! X

Two of our buns came from Tameside. The first time we took our neutered buck down and she popped him in a pen with an orange lop - they got on ok straight away so after an hour or so we brought them home and finished bonding them here.

We went back a couple of weeks later to get a husbun for a young special needs spayed doe, and Elaine was happy for us to pick one out and bring him home. That is proving a more challenging bond, as our doe is a spoilt little madam, but we're getting there.

Both the buns we have adopted from Tameside have been friendly and charming with lovely personalities, and in fabulous health :D

We got Alfie from tameside rescue but we bonded him with violet ourselves. I was so impressed with them there, she knew everything about every single bun she had there and guided us as to the best match. Alfie has a lovely friendly personality and she had obviously spent a lot of time with him. Apparently he had been with her for 6 months and when he first came to her he was timid and shy of people, the total opposite of him now.
I would definitely recommend them!

Its nice to see that everyones buns are doing good, calpol was so laid back he lets anything happen as it is far to much trouble for him, it is pure hardwork to keep the rabbits organised and know history and find ones that will accept each other, but you do get used to noticing which will work,
I have gradually got quite good at spotting trouble in the making.

I just need about an extra 6 days a wk to do everything I want to do with the rescue, but 1 person can only do so much as they say, If I think that a rabbit needs a homecheck I have people who will do this but most people you can tell when they come

Back