• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rushing Genevieve to vet/ Have a bad feeling p18/ She's gone

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
:(:(

Something is badly wrong but I have no idea what, she was fine an hour ago and ate her breakfast with much enthusiasm :? :cry:

Steve has rushed ahead with her as he can walk much faster than me. I will follow him up in minute when I have stopped shaking. I have worn myself out just running for the phone and a carry box.

Please send vibes for her she is just a baby and has been through so much already, she is the only one left from her entire litter and mother :(

Last edited:
Oh no, poor little Genevieve. :(:( I hope it's nothing serious, lots of vibes. xxx

It seems like she has a bad head injury :? Something has spooked her and she has run head long into something hard. Her eye, third eyelid and side of her face is swollen :( She is dosed up on pain relief and needs a several days cage rest.

I have no idea what caused it as once she was put out in the run we came inside to have breakfast. It is extremely gusty today and we have a manic blackbird that keeps swooping into the garden and making awful noises so maybe something happened because of that :?

Anyway at the moment there is no signs of any brain damage or similar so I just need to watch her very closely and hope she will be ok. She looks very sorry for herself, it is very upsetting to see :cry::cry:

Sending megavibes for a swift and complete recovery for Genevieve.
And some ((((((((((Huge hugs))))))))))))))) for you.

I'll keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.

Thank you all.

She doesn't look any better yet and the weather is gusting badly, but thankfully she is sheltered in her hutch inside our big bunny shed. Fingers crossed she eats her tea later :?

The day has gone from bad to worse and I have been back on the phone to the vets again about two more bunnies.

At the moment I could easily just give up, I am surrounded by sick and miserable bunnies, it is so depressing to see them like that and I feel so completely useless to help them :(:(

I have a really really bad feeling about this that I am trying hard not to give into but I do feel physically sick :(

genna's face is starting to swell I am sure of it :? Now if she has had a knock on the head that hard then I guess some swelling is to be expected BUT in my gut I think it is a massive abscess starting to reveal itself.

I specifically asked about tumours and abscesses but the vet was convinced it was a huge bang on the head. However i have no idea what she could have banged it on that hard. In the run she would have hit mesh and its pretty flexible and I think would have left some sort of mark on her :?

As Genna has a history of cancer, I believe (but obviously its only a feeling) that she has a tumour in her head and it has become infected and that is causing her bulging eye and the swelling starting on her face. This is what happened to Moses ( although he was 9 years old) and it reminds me very much of Valerie ( although her abscess was dental related) who we initially thought had a bang on the head. Genna also had her dual vaccine about 2 weeks ago which although would not have caused this may have accelerated any underlying problem:?

If the vets are right and it is a bang on the head then she needs to be kept calm and quiet so rushing her back to the vets would be the worse thing I can do. On the other hand if its the start of something serious she needs a vet :?

I have spoken to them again and we have agreed to wait and see how she goes as I am watching her like a hawk. At the moment she is booked back in first thing in the morning with Dora. Hopefully this strikes the right balance as things stand at the moment :?

i just hope this really bad feeling I have is due to me being so stressed and negative at the moment as we have so many sick bunnies and my little girl will be feeling much much better in the morning. She isn;t even a year old yet:cry:

Oh Liz, what a horrendous time you are having. I cannot imagine how hard it is having so many ill bunnies but for them it means good care and vet access when they need it. What a huge difference that makes to them instead of being stuck suffering in a hutch.

Please take care and ask Steve to give you a big hug from me.

Thinking of you and all of your poorly bunnies. I hate bad feelings :( I hope that you are wrong this time. Poor Genevieve Xxx

Back