• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Urgent advice for found kit

Beatrix Potter

Mama Doe
We have unfortunately stumbled upon a wild kit on someones allotment this eve. Eyes shut bunny cold only a day or two i old i think. Can t find any sign of where it has come from so we have removed it following a quick google on my phone to decide whether to do so or not. The fact that its very cold made my mind up. No cimicat at the vets but they rec goat milk which i have just got. Any advice appreciated i have hand reared four before one successfully but that was five years ago. Thank you

I would be tempted to find a wildlife rehabilitator who will likely have more experience and hopefully other baby kits for it to grow up with.

There is a link, however, in Health about taking on babies, so that might be worth a read. I personally wouldn't ever use goats milk though, but then non of our supplements are good enough.

Poor baby :( good job s/he found him/herself in your care.

I would be tempted to find a wildlife rehabilitator who will likely have more experience and hopefully other baby kits for it to grow up with.

There is a link, however, in Health about taking on babies, so that might be worth a read. I personally wouldn't ever use goats milk though, but then non of our supplements are good enough.

Poor baby :( good job s/he found him/herself in your care.

fate i think it wasn t even our plot ! Thanks i might have to just keep it warm for tonight and see if the local rescue is currently hand rearing any though i am happy to do this myself if need be.

I think I have cimicat hang on

EDIT: cant find it today, will look again tomorrow morning. You have my number, but I lost all of mine! text me and remind me!

Last edited:
A friend recently found a kit about a week old. Managed to ring around vets and get some formula. Just kept her warm and fed, and she is now about a month old and is thriving. She (looks like a she atm but not 100%) is so friendly you would never guess she was born wild, my friend is keeping her as a house bun.

we used puppy powder milk made up double strength for Pippin an he is thriving (a year and a month old now! - found at 9 days)

Hungry thing half ml taken. Forgot just how tiny and delicate they are. Now wrapped up snug in a shoe box fingers crossed for the morning.

Back