• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hawthorn/Blackthorn identification please

cpayne

Warren Veteran
h2.jpg

h.jpg

Are these two pictures of hawthorn above and hawthorn or blackthorn below?

b.jpg

Thanks. I was hoping the top tree was hawthorn. I wanted to feed it to Doughnut instead of the bramble leaves. Oh well, will keep looking for bramble bushes or hawthorn near me!

Thanks all, I misread the post.

My friend normally supplies me with bramble leaves as I have none nearby, but she's now left my work so will replace them with hawthorn since they're good for digestion too. Will cut a few branches off for Doughnut and take the flowers off.

Thanks all, I misread the post.

My friend normally supplies me with bramble leaves as I have none nearby, but she's now left my work so will replace them with hawthorn since they're good for digestion too. Will cut a few branches off for Doughnut and take the flowers off.

Watch your fingers as the thorns can be sharp!

Thanks will get my gloves at the ready! Why is it most things for bunnies hurt us, bramble leaves, hawthorn, nettles!

Thanks will get my gloves at the ready! Why is it most things for bunnies hurt us, bramble leaves, hawthorn, nettles!

Haha, so they do! I have never given my two nettles, I know they are good for bunnies but I am too scared to pick them!

Me neither. I love her dearly but she's pampered enough and don't want to get stung. I know she doesn't like purple dead nettle so she probably wouldn't like it anyway.

Back