• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Shauny and SophieAnnie....trouble ahead??.

Shauny and SophieAnnie have been bonded for aprox 4 years now. Over the last 4 days Shauny has been humping SophieAnnie...the boy is relentless (and makes the 'grunting' noise)...choosing to try and hump her even when food is down (in fact i think he is worse when we feed them). SophieAnnie just moves away from him, he will follow and do it again, she will move ect.
Im a bit concerned now because of the length of time this has been going on, SophieAnnie is calm personified, she doesn't really seem that irritated by it, she just moves and continues to move out of his way.

Is this spring fever? (we have never had this before). Any ideas would be great. My main fear is that he :censored: her off so much she will go for him, and they will have a fight. Help!.

It does sound like spring fever. My Herbie has been a bit fesity with Inca recently, luckily not too bad but the fact that she has arthritis and a deformed back end makes me worried when he chases her!

Hopefully Shauny and Herbie will snap out of it soon.

Although Spring fever is a definite option, I'd be tempted to get SophieAnnie vet checked.
Sometimes in this type of scenario the bun showing the previously unseen dominant behaviour is aware of a health issue in the other bun that the owner is yet to pick up.
Better to be safe than sorry I guess. Hope I'm wrong of course.

Thank you both for the replies. I must say i did think spring fever, but they have been together 4 years and this has never happened before:?. As i type this i can hear Shauny chasing SophieAnnie (rich has gone up). There is no change in SophieAnnie..eating, poo's ect all the same. But will book her in for a check up with Jason just to be on the safe side.

I'd get them both checked over by a Vet. Whilst Spring Fever is the most likely there are other possibilities, Shauny may have a problem with his Adrenal Gland

http://www.ukvet.co.uk/details/caJo...a-castrated-rabbit-Oryctolagus-cuniculus.html

That seems to explain a lot. Rich said yesterday it seems like Shauny has regrown his bits. And said to me are we sure he was castrated!. Will book an appt with Jason tomorrow. Shauny is not right, bless him, i have never seen him behaving like this...he is obsessed with mounting her..like nothing else matters.

Back