• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rescue Buns' Accommodation

Captain Helen

Wise Old Thumper
Time for a little guided tour of where the rescue buns live, for anyone that's interested :wave:

This is the bun shed on the left, and the 'office' on the right. (The guy that lived here before me used it as an office, and the name has stuck!)

ShedRunsb.jpg

The two runs on the left are about 7x3 and the two on the right are 6x3.

These are the pens in the office, they're 8x3...

OfficePensb.jpg

This is where Lucky and her four babies live...

LuckysPenb.jpg

Bronte's pen...

BrontesPenb.jpg

Smudge's pen...

SmudgesPenb.jpg

Fudge's pen (he was outside in the run when this pic was taken)...

FudgesPenb.jpg

These are the four pens inside the bunshed, they're 6x3 and have catflaps with 24/7 access to the runs...

ShedPensb.jpg

Poppy and Tulip's pen (yes, they have destroyed the lino!)...

PoppyandTulipsPenb.jpg

Milly and Carrot's pen...

MillyandCarrotsPenb.jpg

Sweep's pen...

SweepsPenb.jpg

Smokey's pen...

SmokeysPensb.jpg

The indoor pen (an old pic from when foster bun Noel was here)...

Noel60b.jpg

The two sheds and runs where my buns live...

BunShedsb.jpg

The smaller run on the left is shared by the buns that live in the office.

Hope you enjoyed the guided tour of Acomb Rabbit Rescue! :wave:

ETA: I've just noticed that I forgot to rotate some of the pics. :oops: My head must have been on sideways that day. :lol: Soz!

Last edited:
Thank you! :D

Looks like a lot of hard work has been going on !!

Well done :D

How many Rescue Buns do you have in atm ?

Oh yes, lots of banging and screwing :D I have the blisters to prove it! :lol:

I couldn't have made it all without the help of my dad :love: It's been difficult even with two of us! Those big shed panels are really heavy!

There are currently 11 adults and 4 babies here. Nine of the adults are vaccinated and neutered and ready to be adopted.

Lucky and her babies will be done when they're old enough and the babies are weaned, and the new boy Humbug will be neutered tomorrow. :D

I always thought you couldn't be a rescue unless you had acres of land to house 50-100 bunnies. But then I realised that every little helps :) I have the time, I had the savings to start it all off, and I have the support of my parents. There are no other rescues in York (except the RSPCA), so hopefully I can get the name out there and raise some funds. Maybe I could even use fosterers one day. I just needed to something to give my life a purpose. If I can help a few buns on their journey to a better life, I'm happy. :D

That all looks fab :D I didn't know you had started a rescue, well done and best wishes :love:

Thank you :D

Looks great, where did you get the Lino from ?

The lino in the shed I got from Freecycle. It was two odd shaped pieces in different colours, so it's a bit patchwork :oops: but it makes it easy to sweep and it was free :D

The piece in Lucky's pen was an offcut I got for £20 from CarpetRight. I'm on the lookout for more free or cheap lino for the other two pens.

It looks fantastic, what a great job you have done! Well done on starting the rescue as well, hope it goes from strength to strength.

lovely set up Helen .. hows it going ?

how are the 2 babies i met ... bet they have grown .. :wave:

It's going well :) I rehomed 4 in a week to great homes... And then nothing for the last few weeks. Just when I was starting to get optimistic. I need to work on spreading the word locally. All the enquiries I've had so far have come from Rabbit Rehome.

Maple and Treacle were rehomed to a lovely family in Leeds, where they have their own room and a nice enclosed garden for supervised free range time. On the last photos they sent me Maple looked like he'd had a growth spurt! They were little stunners, I knew they'd get snapped up quickly.

Thank you :D

The lino in the shed I got from Freecycle. It was two odd shaped pieces in different colours, so it's a bit patchwork :oops: but it makes it easy to sweep and it was free :D

The piece in Lucky's pen was an offcut I got for £20 from CarpetRight. I'm on the lookout for more free or cheap lino for the other two pens.

This may be a stupid question but for the Lino from carpetright did you just go in and ask about whether they had any Lino offcuts available or did you email etc

Back