• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why can't I cry?

Amy104

Warren Veteran
Bracken's gone. Got admitted to vets last night, been up all night, phonecall at 2am asking permission to let her go. I feel numb, sick, faint, empty but no tears. Is this normal?

I'm really sorry to hear that Amy :cry:

Yes, its totally normal to not cry. Everyone grieves in their own way. I for example didnt cry for 2 years after my Grandads death, then one day, completely random and out of the blue, i burst out in tears and cried for hours.

Big hugs and thoughts for you.

Binky free Bracken :(

Bracken's gone. Got admitted to vets last night, been up all night, phonecall at 2am asking permission to let her go. I feel numb, sick, faint, empty but no tears. Is this normal?

I'm so sorry you have lost bracken :( How you are feeling is natural as for is it normal everyone is different this is normal for you you just need time

I am so very, very sorry. What a shock for you and given the timings it probably hasn't sunk in yet.:cry::cry:

I'm so sorry about Bracken. I've learnt that each grief is different and hits me in a different way. Just be kind with yourself and don't judge yourself for how you do or don't feel. Whatever you feel is ok.

I'm sorry :( I was the same as GrahamL though, didn't cry at all when my Grandad died, but at his funeral a week later I burst into tears and ended up making my cousin cry too, and he is a right tough nut.

I cried immediately when they said Hammy had to be pts but I blamed myself for not seeing it sooner :( cried for the next 2 days, but she wasn't in pain any more so I held onto that.

You will grieve in your own time xxxx

Back