• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Angel has been admitted for x-rays

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
:(

Angel is a very special elderly disabled bunny. She has severely deformed front legs which I am sure she was born with, but in the last couple of weeks she has been having trouble with he back legs too. They are starting to twist and stiffen. I was hoping it was just arthritis but the vets don't know what it is so she needs x-rays :cry::cry:

She needs to be sedated which worried me as she has had breathing problems in the past too.

Please can you spare a thought to her, she is a very loving laid back bunny who doesn't deserve any problems or pain :love::love:

Thank you :wave:

Our angel :love:

P8110405.jpg

Vet has rung.

While it is the right leg that appeared to be the issue because it is splaying out that leg and hip is actually fine. It is happening to compensate for the problem in her left hip. The hip joint has become very arthritic, the socket is shallow and the ball is thickened. All we can do is dose her up on metacam and pray that things don't progress to quickly as once they do there is nothing we can do to help her :(

:( I'm so sorry there's not much to be done for Angel. I hope the metacam helps keep her comfortable for as long as possible.

Its shocking bad luck for her,isnt it??

**noserubs**

Not sure that it is bad luck, the vet feels it is age related but the fact that her front feet have been deformed since birth and she spent her first 6 years stuck in a guinea pig hutch hasn't helped at all :(we need to give her as much exercise as posssible :D

:( I'm so sorry there's not much to be done for Angel. I hope the metacam helps keep her comfortable for as long as possible.

Thanks, she seems very content in herself but it will get to a point where her legs will give way. But fingers crossed that is a long way off :D

Not sure that it is bad luck, the vet feels it is age related but the fact that her front feet have been deformed since birth and she spent her first 6 years stuck in a guinea pig hutch hasn't helped at all :(we need to give her as much exercise as posssible :D

What I mean is, the fact that the condition is worsening as she gets older.
That little JT that Theo has is gonna end up in the same boat, as time goes by.
Its just not fair.

What I mean is, the fact that the condition is worsening as she gets older.
That little JT that Theo has is gonna end up in the same boat, as time goes by.
Its just not fair.

Hopefully he will cope better as I think he is a lot younger so is getting exercise at a much earlier stage rather than being crammed in a tiny hutch for years and years :D

Hopefully he will cope better as I think he is a lot younger so is getting exercise at a much earlier stage rather than being crammed in a tiny hutch for years and years :D

True, its still a big pity.
Rabbits are the gentlest of souls, why cant folk make better owners??

Angel and Rosie are so close this morning, cuddled up really tightly, not moving even though they are supposed to be free ranging :love::love: Rosie was not happy being left alone yesterday, she didn't cope well at all.

Angel seems very tired after all she went through yesterday, hopefully she will perk up soon and start giving her legs some much needed exercise.

Back