• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Feel like an awful bunny mummy :(

Aly&Poppy<3

Wise Old Thumper
Poppy is being a nightmare ...

Early hours of the morning and she's constantly bar rattling :( We slept for an hour last night before she started, then she carried on all night as well as dig. Not sleeping great because of it.. She stopped about 5am..

I know what she needs :( she needs a husbun :( we need one that won't eat her pellets, but more importantly can't be seen by anybody.. because we can't have any more at the moment. But I'm going to talk to my bf about it later and hopefully we can convince his parents, they don't mind, it's just the fact 3 rabbits would be taking over then. I wish we could move out but I can't see that happening for a very long time. I'd take her home but our cat is obsessed with grooming Poppy. She will sit outside my room until someone goes in and she's a pain to get out ..

Is there something else we could do? :( I can afford to take on another rabbit, Poppy's destructive behaviour has become unbearable .. but there is nowhere else we can put her. I had about 3 hours sleep. I'm a terrible morning person anyway but I'm struggling to stay awake at work today :( on top of feeling ill anyway. My bf gets annoyed with her and I feel bad because she's my rabbit but I can't do anything else.

She has everything. She has the whole bedroom at night, we tried covering the pen that blocks the tv wires and computer wires with towels and blankets but it did nothing. She has loads of tunnels and toys, which she mainly ignores but they are there, and plenty of things to do but still won't stop :cry: The one thing she needs and I can't give her :(

Hi I'm not the most knowledgeable but I'm sure people will be along with good advice. Just wanted to send a virtual ((hug)) and say that you seem like a very good (and tired) bunny mummy to me! I'll bet there will be a way around it. Good luck with Poppy :wave:

Maybe some pictures of her set-up may help people make suggestions. Is there something without bars you could use to pen off the wires- wood or perspex for instance? Does she have more appropriate things to gnaw on such as apple tree branches or a digging box with some treats hidden inside.

Rabbits sometimes become temporarily obsessed with doing something (usually naughty)- it tends to last about a week before they turn there attention to something else xx

Maybe some pictures of her set-up may help people make suggestions. Is there something without bars you could use to pen off the wires- wood or perspex for instance? Does she have more appropriate things to gnaw on such as apple tree branches or a digging box with some treats hidden inside.

Rabbits sometimes become temporarily obsessed with doing something (usually naughty)- it tends to last about a week before they turn there attention to something else xx

My bf threatened her with a storage box last night lol.. I'll get some pictures later :) We are going to try some cardboard on the pen bits like we did with Leo when he had his stroke. She doesn't chew anything lol, or eat anything other than her pellets. Her teeth are pointing in different directions so she can't grip anything :) apart from metal bars :evil: :lol: I do give her apple sticks, willow sticks, hay, we tried 2 digging boxes but she ignored them and they were there for over 2 months.

She usually has moments like this, she will dig for a week or so then stop, same with the bar chewing, but it's been OTT and excessive now :shock: don't want her to hurt herself. She's being a menace trying to get to the computer wires so digs for hours. In the day we take the pen out but she will usually stay in one place, and she can go to the wires etc, she doesn't chew them because she can't but she will lift them and play with them :roll: :lol:

I'm always trying to think of different things to do for her but at the moment I've just gone blank.. My bf threatened her with a storage box, I threatened her with swapping her for the hamster :shock: Our robo has a ZZ2 :lol: Chew the bars then Poppy! :evil: :lol: (I wouldn't do that btw lol)

Hopefully she stops soon or I will go crazy. My 3 hour long naps in the day aren't doing me any good lol. Going to have another look in the indoor housing sticky later to see if I can improve on anything.

Hi I'm not the most knowledgeable but I'm sure people will be along with good advice. Just wanted to send a virtual ((hug)) and say that you seem like a very good (and tired) bunny mummy to me! I'll bet there will be a way around it. Good luck with Poppy :wave:

Thanks :D I hope there is, I'm one person who seriously needs her sleep :lol: We would put her back outside when it's warmer but it's not possible, we need to keep an eye on her eating, poor thing. She might be a dental bunny with tear ducts that work over time, but she sure doesn't show it :evil::lol::lol:

Back