• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny sleeping a lot...

Angie65

Wise Old Thumper
I rarely see my buns sleeping - but last few days I've seen Treacle (dwarf lop female, 6 years old plus) proper zonked out, several times. She also doesn't wake up immediately - (then I prod her in a panic:oops:). Eating & pooing fine - she's always been quite docile - as if she has delayed reactions

Am I being paranoid or should I get her checked out at a vets? She had a trainee-vet healthcheck about 5 weeks ago when she was myxi vaccs (not combined)

I was just worried in case heart problem or something - not sure it's common in dwarf lops, but my rex was sleeping lots after getting diagnosed with heart issue

Not the same age (she's almost 2 :love:), but Ginger (Lionlop) zonks out and takes a while to come to, and i mean proper zonked out, sometimes, you can poke her and she doesn't wake up :shock:

My bunny gets in a reall sulk if I wake him up when he is sleeping during the day. He looks totally trance like and refuses to have anything to do with me or food or anything just turns away and goes back to sleep.

If I need to get him back into his cage and he has been asleep I have to pick him up and he won't move and then he glares ( yes rabbits can glare) at me and turns his back on me in his cage.

Yup, very briefly though. What you thinking?

I wouldn't be bothered if she was normally a sleepy bun, but this is new

Sometimes sleeping a lot and loss of hearing can be a sign of an ear problem. She may not wake up when you approach because she cant hear you ??

Sometimes sleeping a lot and loss of hearing can be a sign of an ear problem. She may not wake up when you approach because she cant hear you ??

Cheers - will get her checked out. Working out her age made me realise how old my lot are:shock:

Treacle saw the vet & no obvious heart/ear/breathing issues, so I'm just going to go back if anything else is strange or she appears in pain/not eating etc.

Vet just thought it might be age realted. TBh the group is quite chilled these days. Only 2 youngsters in it:D

Not the same age (she's almost 2 :love:), but Ginger (Lionlop) zonks out and takes a while to come to, and i mean proper zonked out, sometimes, you can poke her and she doesn't wake up :shock:

yuki is the same she gets a sleepy look and then realises I woke her up and licks me :love:

Back