• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How do you store bramble leaves???

ripminnie

Wise Old Thumper
Do you leave them wet and keep them in the fridge, or do you let them dry out and keep them somewhere else?? :? How long can you keep them for?? Sorry if these are daft questions!! :oops:

You need to dry them out, I put mine on some kitchen roll near a radiator for a few days then you need to store the in a cool, dry place. I store mine in cadbury tin lined with kitchen roll in the bottom of the spare wardrobe, hope that helps :wave:

They would probably keep a couple of days in the fridge (like lettuce) but for long term drying them out thoroughly means they keep much longer.

I get carrier bag fulls at a time and just leave them in the carriers in the loft, they stay fresh for a few days then start drying out.

You can dry them in an oven on a low heat or a microwave though i believe :wave:

I put them in a tray on top of the kitchen cupboards. As long as the room isn't too humid they should dry out and last years.

I wash them and lay them on a tarp indoors. They dry out within a couple of days. Thorns and all.

No faff kinda girl me. ;)

Warm oven,nettles,rose petals,it all goes in.Then I store in a large paper bag and dish out.......

Yvette how long do you do them in the warm oven for?

I'm going to dry out some rose leaves and hawthorn. I read you could put them in the microwave for a minute.

Will then store them in paper bags.

Back