• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

possible nesting ?

julie s

Young Bun
hi , One of my rabbits has been pulling fur from her back , sort of down her spine area . they have a double hutch with a run attached and are free ranged twice a day - the amount of time getting shorter at the moment , they get excited being allowed in the garden , and as soon as they are out , excited as they know they get their pellets when they go back in :roll: think the routine needs tweaking lol . we shut them in their hutch overnight and she has only been doing this overnight , so i am wondering if she is bored , stressed or nesting ? for want of a better way to describe it her fur is always in the 'bedroom ' area . her skin from where she is pulling looks perfectly ok , and she is behaving and eating normally .
She has not been spayed yet , still a young 'un , but will be soon .

possibly a phantom pregnancy, getting her speyed will stop this happenng in future, is she with another rabbit if so are you certain they are both female, as if one isn't then she could be pregnant, and then the male will need separtign if she has babies

hi thank you for your reply , yes i have two sisters together . 99.9 % they are sisters and not a brother and sister . everywhere i looked online said they normally pluck fur from shoulders or their tummy in a phantom pregnancy , which is why i wondered if it was something else such as stress or boredom . my OH did wonder if the other rabbit is doing it to her . will keep my fingers crossed for the prob to disappear once they are spayed . I worry about them as much as the children .

Back