• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Local vets want to have Boris PTS.

Oompa-Loompa

Warren Veteran
Sorry for spamming this everywhere, I just cant believe it. They've literally just told me that a rabbit with chronic snuffles should be PTS rather than treated with antibiotics repeatedly. I know it isnt an ideal situation but PTS. Thats harsh :cry: :evil: 2 or 3 courses a year would be sufficient for Boris at this point but they still think that'd be too much. I dont know. I think its horrible of them to say that. I knew they werent all that good with rabbits but until recently I always got the impression that they were willing to learn & help. Not anymore. They dont care now. :evil:

And I thought I might be able to get him more antibiotics today. Doesnt look very good now :cry: I hope he'll be ok for now. I'm so scared and upset.

How very sad. Is there anyway you could ask them to liaise with someone in the UK? Some bunnies over here are on antibiotics for life if they need it. Not ideal, but if it gives quality of life, then it can be the best option. Others go on and off, as you were hoping for Boris.

I've phoned a rabbit savvy vet about 2 hours away who were very supportive and offered to cooperate with this local one, but they still wont be doing anything. Apparently they dont "do that sort of thing." Funny how they admit they know nothing about bunnies, but still dont want to put any effort into learning more :evil: I'm so angry. I cant believe they're treating me like like this now :evil:

:( Can you put a complaint in? Or maybe get what they have said in writing and use that to form a complaint?

I could try. It shouldn't be too difficult, but the question is whether anyone will listen :(

Another argument they had for having him PTS was, and I quote, "the possibility of it mutating and spreading to humans." Seriously? In what world? :evil:

I could try. It shouldn't be too difficult, but the question is whether anyone will listen :(

Another argument they had for having him PTS was, and I quote, "the possibility of it mutating and spreading to humans." Seriously? In what world? :evil:

good grief!!!! I had not realised swedish vets were that behind:shock:

Most of them are yes :( there ARE great rabbit savvy vets in this country but none where I live. Think I may have found one about 45 minutes away so I'll try & contact her today. She works at the zoo occasionally so technically should be good with exotic animals. Problem is she's always too busy to answer the phone.

Back