• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Obsessed with licking the carpet

Martin7

Warren Scout
Hi Everyone...:)

Since my bun had his front tooth out last week, There's like a new aspect of his personality that seems to be showing up, he's started climbing all over things he's ignored for years, and I don''t know just seems to have new quirks to his personality which is amazing, I can only assume the tooth must of caused him more grief than we realised, even though he ate fine and still flopped showed no signs of pain until they needed doing.

but there is just one thing he's doing, he's sort of become obsessed with a certain part of the carpet and is constantly licking it, it's almost like catnip would be to a cat, I literally have to prize him away from it while he's still licking it.. but I'm worried about the dirt, and other stuff that may come in on shoes etc.. , soon as I move him away or distract him he's back licking it again..

Is there anything safe I can put there to try and stop him:?

m

My bunny is always licking things :roll: Carpet, sofa, cushions, clothes. I don't tend to worry about it too much. You could always get some grass mats or something to put down. Or even just put a blanket over the area. If he's in the room unsupervised then you'd probably have to find a more "permanent" solution though, that can't be moved by bunnies!

Hi Helennnn~

Thanks, Yeah I think it's strange because I've never really seen him do that before, but I guess his wonky tooth was in the way, and he wasn't really able too, but it's like the carpets turned into catnip lol. hmm. the only thing is the part of the carpet he seems most drawn to is right behind the main door to the lounge so I cant really put a mat there (suppose I could if I took the draft excluder off the bottom, but its awfully drafty without)

I'm worried about times when maybe I've bleached the kitchen and the floor is still wet etc, then walked into the lounge as the part of the carpet behind the door always seems to get the most dirt.. hmm..

I think the blanket idea might work if I can find a way to stick it down.. gonna be interesting explaining that to visitors eheh..

Back