• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Was she cleaning his eye? :O

Oompa-Loompa

Warren Veteran
Just been downstairs to say goodnight to the buns, Boris has a weepy eye and while Bella groomed him I saw her doing something rather strange, she was licking his irritated eye and when I checked all the pus was gone :? What was she doing exactly? Was she cleaning it for him?

Yes! Bunnies pay particular attention to each others eyes because in the wild, if they have been burrowing, they need their friend to get rid of the muck. Floppy is very diligent at cleaning eyes!

Awww bless her, I knew she was good at looking after him but that's just :love: I love my little girl :love:

Could it harm her in any way though, if there's bacteria in it? (he has snuffles)

yep she was cleaning it for him :love: I wish my two would clean each other's eyes and noses up! I have to bathe Barney's eyes.

I think most bacteria in pus or snot is already dead, but she'll have caught the bacteria from just being in the same airspace as him anyway.

Smoo cleans Grim's eyes. It's super cute and super disgusting all at the same time. :lol:

I was just amazed when I saw it, I've been wondering if I should try to clean it but I obviously don't have to! It looks a bit better today as well :)

Suki, one of my buns had myxi a few years back. She's been left with an eye that sometimes weeps. Calel keeps it clean for her:love:

My Herbie cleans Inca's eyes, but she doesn't for him, so I often have to get crusty sleep out of the corner of his eyes, but he loves me doing it :)

When my bridge bun had an icky nose, Oliver used to lick it clean for her eeuw He also cleaned her eye when she had a sticky eye.

Also when I had a scratch on my hand that bled, my bridge bun once licked it clean (even though it was she who had given me said scratch int he first place) :roll:

aww thats lovely, rosie my old nethie used to clean sleep from mowgli's eyes and if ever cried she licked my tears away

Back