• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Smells & Scents

sycamore

New Kit
I have started to bond Daisy & Dave. Only been side by side for 1 week. Daisy is unspayed but she is getting done tomorrow, Dave has been neutered but only 3 weeks ago. It is probably going to be another 6 weeks I imagine before they will be compatible.

They live in the shed and have full use of the garden. One is enclosed during the day and the other runs free. Then I swap them over the next day. Therefore they are both getting used to both sides of the shed and also both nest boxes and litter trays.

What I have noticed is they are both marking the terriotry. What I would like to know is should I clean this up each day or try to leave it so that they can still smell each other?

Advise would be useful.

Anne

When Daisy has recovered from her spey in a few weeks time and you want to put the 2 buns together then you will have to clean and neutralise the area where they will be living. Unless you are going to bond them in a different place. At the moment they are each claiming the area if you understand what I mean. Daisy will need a stressfree couple of weeks post op.

Back