• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Demi

Kellylou89

Warren Scout
Yesterday i noticed an advert online advertising "Black and white Rex Free to good home" .. i contacted the owner explaining that advertising her free to a good home will more than likely mean she will go as bait/food.
I was contacted back to and she had been advertised for weeks and no one had shown any interest either way! .. No word of changing the Free ad i jumped in and said i would take her in! .. i have spare hutches and now piece of mind knowing she will not be given to a bad home!.
She was delivered to me last night IN A BUCKET! and i was told "can you grab her as shes not handled so will scatter" :shock:
Anyway i took her and closed the door behined me, told nothing else other than she was a rex under a year old and never handled :cry: .. I put her in her hutch to settle and covered all the buns up so she was in the dark to settle, after i gave her a quick health check ofcourse.
She is not a rex she is an english, possibly crossed rex i dont know but she looks Old english to me!.
I went and checked on her this morning doing my morning uncovering and feeding to find she had pulled loads of hair out and it was in the run bit of her hutch, so i opened her bedding area to see if she was ok and found clumps of hair in the form of a nest!, she is still very timmid so will let her settle a little longer and then start working with her on stroking her and getting her in and out her hutch etc .. i have contacted the man to ask if she had been in contact with a male so i know if its a phantom or not and still no reply :censored:

Anyway here is Demi
817b213a.jpg

8d407213.jpg

Here is what i woke up to
1fd32165.jpg

I don't know how people can be so blasé towards animals' welfare and still be able to sleep at night. Makes me :censored: sick!

Last edited:
Well done you for rescuing her :thumb: I hope she isn't pregnant :( she looks lovely, :love: no thanks to her previous idiot owner :evil:

Uh oh:shock: hope it's not babies! Could you take her to the vets and see if they can tell? If she is maybe its too late for an emergency spay, but I have no idea about babies.

Well some for taking her on :love: re the bucket, when we were at the vets last week a mother and son came in with a guinea pig in a washing basket! :shock::lol: but it was full of hay and I never see piggies in there so they obviously care which was nice:love:

Well done for rescuing this lovely bunny.
I hate the human race sometimes.
Just love the like minded people on this forum.:love:

You've no idea how confused I was until I saw you had named the rabbit Demi, I was wondering why you'd aimed the thread at me :oops: :lol: Poor thing, what a gorgeous bunny though :love:

You've no idea how confused I was until I saw you had named the rabbit Demi, I was wondering why you'd aimed the thread at me :oops: :lol: Poor thing, what a gorgeous bunny though :love:

i thought it was for you too :oops: :lol:

lovely bunny, so lucky you took her, hoping ts just a phantom pregnancy, well done for rescuing her

Thanks all! :) .. Haha sorry for the confusion demi haha
Well the bloke finally replied and said "i dont know why she is making a nest because she has been in the bottom of my aviary for months" :-|
so if he is telling the truth im looking at a phantom .. She's booked in the vets anyway this week for a rabbit mot :) haha.

I thought so too :oops: but I'm nosey! :lol:

She's beautiful! :love: Fingers crossed for a phantom xx

Aww she is beautiful, well done for taking her on. Some humans really make me angry :evil: The way rabbits are treated is despicable. Thank God there are good people out there.

If she has babies will you keep them? I adopted a pregnant doe 10 years ago and could not bear to rehome the babies :oops:

She's beautiful, glad she is with you!

I thought this as well!

Thanks all :)

Aww she is beautiful, well done for taking her on. Some humans really make me angry :evil: The way rabbits are treated is despicable. Thank God there are good people out there.

If she has babies will you keep them? I adopted a pregnant doe 10 years ago and could not bear to rehome the babies :oops:

99.9% yes lol .. I took in my katy and she was in kit, her kits are now 3wks old and most are staying with me then 2 are going to my bro .. Il only let family or close friends have one because if anything was to happen and could no longer have it then id take it back :)

What a lucky rabbit to have been rescued by you. She is stunning. Looking forward to more pictures when she is feeling better!

Back