• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Treating the grass the bunnies run on

k.mdaniels

Alpha Buck
Hi

Hubby is wanting to give the lawn its annual treatment of weed killer/ lawn feed.

We started letting the buns get the run of the garden late last year, so just wondered how long should I keep them off the grass so no harm will come to them?

I'd check on the packet of the lawn feed you are using.
Personally I never use anything in my garden, cos even if you restrict direct access, it blows in the wind & runs in rain water

The problem is the rabbits will be eating the grass, not just running on it. I would never use chemicals near the rabbits.

We never use anything either now the buns and piggie use the lawn. Sure we have weeds, any I don't like I take a kitchen knife to and dig them out!

We always treat our lawn.... but we do it in stages so as the bunnies still have certain areas...
Usually any grazing animal should be kept off treated areas for about 4 weeks for weed/feed/mosskiller etc

Back