• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Harris got bitten - UD Fine now, and a pic

happysaz133

Wise Old Thumper
I'm so stupid. :cry: My sister was taking the trio out of the shed to put them in the garden. I thought she had them all, but she only had the Lops, so Arran was still in there, but I didn't see him. I opened Harris's hutch to sit and spend some time with him, and then turned my head to go and get some new toys, and Arran had gotten into Harris's hutch and bit him on the lip. Poor little man, his little white face was stained with blood.

He seems OK now, I've washed it and its only a tiny wound, not bleeding, but it is a little swollen. He can still eat and drink though, and seems OK in himself, just a little subdued. I didn't take him to the vet as my vet is extortionate for out of hours consults, and it would probably have cost me about a hundred pound to get there in a taxi (whereas tomorrow my sister will have the car).

I have some cat Metacam, can I give him some of this? I was going to phone the vet in the morning anyway, but just wondered if any of you, clued up on doses etc could tell me how much to give him? Or if you think he needs it anyway. Oh, and no need to tell me off for being stupid, I feel bad enough as it is :( doesn't look well for bonding, does it? :(

Last edited:
Give the vet a ring, a phone call is free remember, and ask for the dosage. If I remember rightly Arran is quite small. If it helps my vet usually tells me to give double the cat dose (measured in kg on the syringe) after dentals and then reduce it slowly, apparently double cat dose is a lowish rabbit dose.

Hope he's okay! Might be an idea to bathe it in boiled and cooled, then salted water, to sterilise it.

Back