• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Yuki

little-laura

Wise Old Thumper
Hey guys I havent been online much as yuki is having an episode of EC.

I increased the pellets due to this as she goes off hay during this time and yuri has wolfed them down and is now overweight so I am battling with getting yuki healthy and getting yuri to lose weight while getting yuki to put on weight as she lost a great deal its difficult...

I am having them free range downstairs in the hall (which is huge) from 11am - 8pm-12am at the moment so I can hand feed yuki and watch yuri and get her exercising and medicate yuki...

I am trying to do uni work and my other commitments from the laptop while doing this so I am quite stressed.

I caught the ec episode early the vets were surprised I noticed the subtle signs, i am preparing for the worst while still being optimistic I know also that it could get worse before it gets better.

I am switching the buns onto fibafirst as its helpful to Yuki when she has these episodes and refuses to eat hay no to mention her stomach does much better on it i am doing it much more slowly then usual due to this ec episode... but she wolfs it down at least lol

Hi Little-Laura

Sorry you are having such a hard time. Poor Yuki, dealing with EC is so hard isn't it.

I remember you pm-ing me to warn me that my rabbit Buttercup wouldn't make a full recovery of EC and that it would probably come back at some point. Fortunately so far (two years down the line) we have seen no re-occurence but I still bleach out every 28 days and panacur for 28 days every 7 or 8 months the whole 9 of them.

I hope you get Yuki sorted soon. It is such a horrible illness I am just so grateful that to date Buttercup is doing so well with no signs at all that she had such a severe head tilt etc.

Sending positive vibes to your buns xxx :wave:

So sorry you're having to go through this. I know how hard it is to try and get one bun to eat and the other not to!

Sending get well soon vibes to Yuki.
I know exactly what your going through. George was diagnosed with EC on Feb this year and other than slight nystagmus, occasional rolling and severe head tilt he lives a happy indoor bunny life.
Will keep little Yuki in my prayers x

So sorry you're having to go through this. I know how hard it is to try and get one bun to eat and the other not to!

Thank you

Its a battle alright! My oh keeps shouting run fat bun run >_<

I feel awful hand feeding yuki extra food while yuri looks at me like "what about me" laura feels like a mean laura......

Sending get well soon vibes to Yuki.
I know exactly what your going through. George was diagnosed with EC on Feb this year and other than slight nystagmus, occasional rolling and severe head tilt he lives a happy indoor bunny life.
Will keep little Yuki in my prayers x

Thank you hun

I knew this could happen again and I fully expected it too I was prepared I have a med kit for her EC and was on top of it as soon as I knew

Just a bit stressful at the moment >_<

been massaging her neck, getting them outside for a few hours, having them free range in the hall while im about, hand feeding yuki extra food, yuri attacks me because I am giving yuki some and not her... I feel evil for that...slowly moving them onto fibafirst yuki loves it yuri needs more convincing >_<

yukis eyes are flickering less still bulgy though, her back left leg is not good at the moment and keeps straying she falls over occasionally I hate seeing that.... but she is active and bounces about happilly enough

I hate that my poor yuki has this.... shes such a sweetie and so gently and loving -_____-

Back