PDA

View Full Version : Yuki

little-laura
06-05-2012, 11:20 PM
Hey guys I havent been online much as yuki is having an episode of EC.

I increased the pellets due to this as she goes off hay during this time and yuri has wolfed them down and is now overweight so I am battling with getting yuki healthy and getting yuri to lose weight while getting yuki to put on weight as she lost a great deal its difficult...

I am having them free range downstairs in the hall (which is huge) from 11am - 8pm-12am at the moment so I can hand feed yuki and watch yuri and get her exercising and medicate yuki...

I am trying to do uni work and my other commitments from the laptop while doing this so I am quite stressed.

I caught the ec episode early the vets were surprised I noticed the subtle signs, i am preparing for the worst while still being optimistic I know also that it could get worse before it gets better.

I am switching the buns onto fibafirst as its helpful to Yuki when she has these episodes and refuses to eat hay no to mention her stomach does much better on it i am doing it much more slowly then usual due to this ec episode... but she wolfs it down at least lol

one of the family
06-05-2012, 11:54 PM
Hi Little-Laura

Sorry you are having such a hard time. Poor Yuki, dealing with EC is so hard isn't it.

I remember you pm-ing me to warn me that my rabbit Buttercup wouldn't make a full recovery of EC and that it would probably come back at some point. Fortunately so far (two years down the line) we have seen no re-occurence but I still bleach out every 28 days and panacur for 28 days every 7 or 8 months the whole 9 of them.

I hope you get Yuki sorted soon. It is such a horrible illness I am just so grateful that to date Buttercup is doing so well with no signs at all that she had such a severe head tilt etc.

Sending positive vibes to your buns xxx :wave:

Jenova
07-05-2012, 10:42 AM
So sorry you're having to go through this. I know how hard it is to try and get one bun to eat and the other not to!

leesabuntine
07-05-2012, 10:53 AM
Sending get well soon vibes to Yuki.
I know exactly what your going through. George was diagnosed with EC on Feb this year and other than slight nystagmus, occasional rolling and severe head tilt he lives a happy indoor bunny life.
Will keep little Yuki in my prayers x

little-laura
08-05-2012, 09:56 AM
So sorry you're having to go through this. I know how hard it is to try and get one bun to eat and the other not to!

Thank you

Its a battle alright! My oh keeps shouting run fat bun run >_<

I feel awful hand feeding yuki extra food while yuri looks at me like "what about me" laura feels like a mean laura......

Sending get well soon vibes to Yuki.
I know exactly what your going through. George was diagnosed with EC on Feb this year and other than slight nystagmus, occasional rolling and severe head tilt he lives a happy indoor bunny life.
Will keep little Yuki in my prayers x

Thank you hun

I knew this could happen again and I fully expected it too I was prepared I have a med kit for her EC and was on top of it as soon as I knew

Just a bit stressful at the moment >_<

little-laura
08-05-2012, 10:50 AM
I am fighting to stay positive at the moment yuki for now seems happy enough

little-laura
11-05-2012, 11:07 AM
been massaging her neck, getting them outside for a few hours, having them free range in the hall while im about, hand feeding yuki extra food, yuri attacks me because I am giving yuki some and not her... I feel evil for that...slowly moving them onto fibafirst yuki loves it yuri needs more convincing >_<

yukis eyes are flickering less still bulgy though, her back left leg is not good at the moment and keeps straying she falls over occasionally I hate seeing that.... but she is active and bounces about happilly enough

I hate that my poor yuki has this.... shes such a sweetie and so gently and loving -_____-