• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What to do for a sticky bum??

LainiT

Warren Scout
Never had this before so need to know what to do please.

Went to get our pair in from the run tonight and Tufty has a messy matted poopy patch round the base of his tail. They are still indoors at the moment for another couple of weeks I guess before they go back out full time after the winter.

We tried to wipe him but this was pretty unsuccessful...do I dip him in a bit of water? Leave him? Help! Not had this before, think he's too busy binkying out there to eat his cecals, there are a fair few out there when they go out, have no trouble when they're indoors at least...thankfully!!

I know its pretty important for him to be clean now flies are around...what do i do?

I have this problem with one of my buns from time to time. I bought some dog grooming face scissors which allow me to trim the fur really short. if you are'nt confident doing this you could ask your vet to give bun a quick shave . Its probably best to keep the fur around the bottom short. Certainly give him a bit of a wash but try and dry it best you can. There is stuff that you can get from your vet to repel the flies . Our vet has a new one in from F10
good luck x

Thanks for the reply. He's a good little bun and will sit still bless him, I'll nip him down the vet for a haircut i think...not a chance I'm gonna put him through me doing that for him!!

Looks like he'll be having a bum dunk in the morning then. Thanks x

I use toilet paper to pull off the worst with Mini and then she cleans the rest up herself. She's indoors though so less flies. Long term it's best to get to the root of the problem and try to sort that. Once we got the diet right it improved greatly.

Back