• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

White Squirrel (Pic Overload)

Fifibutton

Wise Old Thumper
He let me come really close today :love:

WhiteSquirrel12.jpg

WhiteSquirrel17.jpg

WhiteSquirrel18.jpg

WhiteSquirrel21.jpg

WhiteSquirrel25.jpg

WhiteSquirrel32.jpg

WhiteSquirrel41.jpg

WhiteSquirrel46.jpg

WhiteSquirrel54.jpg

WhiteSquirrel55.jpg

WhiteSquirrel57.jpg

WhiteSquirrel58.jpg

WhiteSquirrel60.jpg

WhiteSquirrel61.jpg

WhiteSquirrel63.jpg

WhiteSquirrel66.jpg

WhiteSquirrel71.jpg

WhiteSquirrel73.jpg

WhiteSquirrel74.jpg

:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

Wow, he's gorgeous. Those shots are stunning!

Oh my goodness, he is stunning!! Am I missing something here? Is he surviving in the wild, surely he must be a target? :oops: Beautiful pics of a beautiful creature.

Oh my goodness, he is stunning!! Am I missing something here? Is he surviving in the wild, surely he must be a target? :oops: Beautiful pics of a beautiful creature.

He is indeed surviving in the wild but he is regular visitor to my parent's garden and other gardens in their street and everyone loves him and feeds him which no doubt is helping to keep him strong. I have noticed the grey squirrels treat him a bit shoddily and he remains apart from them which I also think is why he is fairly tame with us humans. He was first spotted last December and so far he is still with us. I love him and hope he has a good long life. He has even featured in the Scottish Daily Mail and is nicknamed Snowy. Up until today I only ever managed to get distant blurry pics of him but I have built up my friendship with him and he trusts me a lot more now. I think he must be target and my parents live in the country with lots of wildlife so there are predators but I really hope he survives.

He is indeed surviving in the wild but he is regular visitor to my parent's garden and other gardens in their street and everyone loves him and feeds him which no doubt is helping to keep him strong. I have noticed the grey squirrels treat him a bit shoddily and he remains apart from them which I also think is why he is fairly tame with us humans. He was first spotted last December and so far he is still with us. I love him and hope he has a good long life. I think he must be target and my parents live in the country with lots of wildlife so there are predators but I really hope he survives.

That's fab, the whole street taking care of him. Hope he keeps going strong! :)

Albinos are caused by a defective enzyme which produces melanin. It means they have no pigment in their skin, hair and eyes. All animals can get I think or all vertebrates anyway. It means the animal is white with pink eyes. Most wild albinos don't survive very long because they are easy targets for predators.

Albinos are caused by a defective enzyme which produces melanin. It means they have no pigment in their skin, hair and eyes. All animals can get I think or all vertebrates anyway. It means the animal is white with pink eyes. Most wild albinos don't survive very long because they are easy targets for predators.

This :)

I think he is rare enough to have made the papers although in a village not far from ours there was a mother/son pair of white squirrels. I think a really rare one would be an albino red though.

Back