• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

friend's rabbit acting oddly

Pebblesetc

Mama Doe
sorry this is in the wrong place, on mobile.

my friend's rabbit is running head on into the wall and we don't know why. he's pooping eating and drinking fine, everything else is normal, but he's running into the wall repeatedly at speed as though on purpose.
I've said to get him checked by a vet but was wondering if anyone had any ideas about why he's doing this, or how to help?

Sudden loss of eyesight ?

Neurological problem ?

He obviously needs Veterinary attention and in the meantime he needs to be prevented from being able to hurt himself. This may mean confining him temporarily. I have known of a Rabbit who sustained an inoperable jaw fracture from head butting a wall :cry:

Sudden loss of eyesight ?

Neurological problem ?

He obviously needs Veterinary attention and in the meantime he needs to be prevented from being able to hurt himself. This may mean confining him temporarily. I have known of a Rabbit who sustained an inoperable jaw fracture from head butting a wall :cry:

I was concerned about those things. I've told them to keep him in a safe place for now (in his crate and pen) and to get him to the vet asap.

Oh dear... no idea what it could be but I would tell them to keep him confined somewhere that is safe and where he cant build up speed until he is examined by the vet. I would also tell them to ring the emergency vet and ask them if it needs to be seen to now or if it can wait till Tuesday, but personally with symptoms like that I would take him in anyway tonight.

Back