• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Jumping Yorkshire :) P.25- another video!

Me, Hector and Tinkerbell went to the little rabbit jumping practice in Yorkshire yesterday. :) Hector enjoyed jumping, Tink went to keep him company but she doesn't jump as she doesn't want to. Thought you might like to see a video? If anyone is wondering, all rabbits are health checked on arrival and most of them are neutered and spayed with friends.

As you can see, they aren't forced and really enjoy it! :love: Hector is the black and white dutch. :D

Last edited:
What a great video! Hector and the ginger dutch especially seem like incredible jumpers:love: They all seem very happy :)

The bit with the rabbit laying next to the jump made me laugh too :lol:

:love: Really enjoyed that:thumb: You can see they wouldn't do it if they didnt want to, well done:D

That's great they all looked like they enjoyed it specially the one who stopped and knocked a pole off and jumped thru the middle hehe :love:

Aww they look like they enjoy it :) Bless the chubby lop though, not exactly built for jumping!

I'd like to try this in the future, but I dont know B's background so wouldnt risk it in case he has brittle bones, and of course he's too old to start anyway, and A is skittish and would probably freak if I put a harness on her. She easily jumps 3ft without hesitating though. I imagine its probably best to start with a confident adolescent rabbit of an athletic build.

Thank you everyone, yep they really enjoy it. :love:

Cool where was it? Did you make the video?

I've wondered if mine would like to jump in the garden.

Ruthie xxx

Yep I made the video. :) It was at Sowood Community Centre, Halifax. :) Worth giving it a go, they might really love it and it's a great way for them to exercise. :love: xx

I know I would never get a harness on Bumble though and no way would she enjoy it at different places like yours! I might be able to get harness on Bee. I wonder if they'd do it of their own accord. Can you buy the jumps?

Ruthie xxx

I know I would never get a harness on Bumble though and no way would she enjoy it at different places like yours! I might be able to get harness on Bee. I wonder if they'd do it of their own accord. Can you buy the jumps?

Ruthie xxx

You don't need to jump them on harness as long as you're in a secure area. :) In the video, some of the rabbits had them on but that's just for safety reasons. If the rabbits truly enjoy it, they will jump off lead! In the video you could see clips of them jumping off lead at times. You can buy the jumps but it is so much cheaper to make them. I use decking boards cut into squares as the bottom of the base. I then attach a thick long piece of wood to that! Then you have the sides of your jump. :) You just need to add bars. I use PVC pipes cut small but you can use wood. I attach the bars by placing them onto pieces of wood or staple things that i've attach to the jump sides. The bars must fall off both ways when touched though. :)

I would LOVE for Fiver to do this. I think he would really enjoy himself and he is so smart he needs a challenge but I have no idea how to begin teaching him haha. I wouldn't take him to competitions or anything, although those bunnies clearly enjoyed themselves I would worry about him getting stressed too much.

I would LOVE for Fiver to do this. I think he would really enjoy himself and he is so smart he needs a challenge but I have no idea how to begin teaching him haha. I wouldn't take him to competitions or anything, although those bunnies clearly enjoyed themselves I would worry about him getting stressed too much.

Yeah it isn't for some bunnies and I don't recommend taking a timid bunny to a practice or competition. However, the buns at the practice yesterday really did enjoy it as you can see and are all fine travelling. :) We try to make it as normal as we can for them. We set up pens that were pretty big and they had hay, veg and water. They also had a litter tray and toys and somewhere to hide. Most of them had their friends with them too! :)

If you'd like advice training, please join our facebook group! :) http://www.facebook.com/groups/184516981649945/ or you can take a look at our website: www.rjuk.moonfruit.com :thumb:

They do look like they are having fun.

The way Apple escapes her pen I am sure she would make a great jumper but I think all of my buns would freak if I put a harness on them.

May rig something up in their runs in the garden for when they are outside in the better weather though just to see if they jump of their own accord.

Look at them go! :D
I reckon Ori would love to do that

I reckon he would :p
Adelaide was a great jumper, and Toby is always leaping over our little garden walls.
Think I will go set some jumps up this afternoon and see what they make of it. I've some garden trellis I could use for a first go.

I love the bunnies jumper in the video. Hector seriously gets some speed up. The lop that goes through the middle of the jump is fab, as is the one that lays down next to the jump :lol:
How long do the session last for?

Back