• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit boarding - Carmarthenshire, south wales

Alice's mum

Warren Scout
Hi, does anyone know of anywhere round here (Carmarthen area but willing to travel a bit) that does rabbit boarding? My usual pet sitter may not be able to look after my rabbits when I go on holiday and I'm looking for somewhere I could take them. There doesn't seem much choice round here.
Thanks.

I live in Aberystwyth and I am going to be boarding my rabbits at Windwhistle Warren in Gloucestershire, because the housing is good, the runs are attached, Alice who runs the rescue is very experienced, and I havent found anywhere I would let look after my rabbits around here.

Thanks nessar, I actually got one of my rabbits from Alice at Windwhistle Warren. I was just hoping there may be somewhere nearer...it's crazy that in Wales we have to travel so far for this kind of service! Wendy at the Rescue Range in Newport also does holiday boarding but again I was hoping for somewhere closer.
How many rabbits have you got? If you're ever stuck for someone to look after them and I'm free I'd be happy to help if I can.

I know, there really is nowhere decent around here. One place didnt even have any runs :roll:

I just have the two, I'm moving to Hampshire so they'll be in boarding for a month in June so they dont have the stress of it all, last time I moved they got very destructive and lost all litter training, I think the constant changing of their environment really upset them. It also gives me some time to thoroughly de-hay the flat, it gets everywhere!

Thank you for the offer, if I can ever help with yours before I move let me know, although they'd have to stay here as I dont drive :)

Thanks Nessar, good luck with the move.
Anyone else have any ideas about rabbit savvy pet sitters or rabbit boarding in South Wales? I can't believe that we have to practically travel to England!

Hi

I live in Carmarthenshire (Llanelli area) and whilst I am not a professional pet sitter, I have kept house rabbits for 12 or so years and so am very experienced in dealing with bunnies.

I am happy to arrange to sit pets, and ask only for the favour to be returned if/when required! There doesn't seem to be any pet sitting services in Carmarthenshire that caters for small animals and its a nightmare trying to go away for more than a night with my rabbits to think of.

I have three bunnies myself who are house rabbits. I have a pair and a loner (she didn't want to bond with the pair after her partner died).

If anyone wants to get in touch to arrange a meet and discuss potential sitting of pets, feel free to drop me a PM
Thanks!

Last edited:
are you going abroad or in this country? if the later you could always find somewhere near to where your travelling to

I live in South Wales (Cardiff & Vale area)and it's just a nightmare. There really is a need for it here. I'd do it myself if i had suitable accomodation.

Hello,
I know it's rather late to reply but If you are still looking for the future we provide rabbit & small pet boarding and we are based in Swansea. Here is our website if you would like more information www.swansea-pet-sitter.co.uk all our hutches and runs are the rabbit welfare association recommended size or larger

Back