• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What's next for the love birds??

Sarahlou527

Young Bun
So.. We introduced dave and dolly an hour ago on neutral ground (our bedroom) all prepared for a fight... They looked at each other then sniffed each other then lay together liking eyes n ears and snuggled up sleeping they are still together now still in our room and just loving each other it's sooo sweet!!! But what do we do now? Should we move them into garden n see how it goes? Put them in hutch together? Or separate them again? They look sooo happy seems odd to separate but having never done this before don't wana over do it and ruin it?? Any advice thank you

You need to keep them together and supervise them, including overnight, and then if you hve no problems within 72hours then you can look to adjust and change things more.

The more info you can give, about things like size of space they are in now, size of space outside where they will live, if both are neutered, age, etc, the better. :)

Thank you so much for your reply they are currently in our bedroom and have quote alot of space together however they can't stay in here overnight as free range And toileting etc my carpet may not like it. I have a large dog crate could we put them in that? Outside they both have large 6th hutch run combos next to each other in a shed but these have not yet been neutralised. They have both been nuetered.

I would say put them in the dgo crate (but remember to neutralise it first if necessary).

Equally, where they are now, you could cover the floor with a tarpaulin (or shower curtain or something) and put some litter trays in.

Should I maybe just put dog cage in our room and put them in that so I am not moving them out
Of space I have introduced them in? Also if they have to be supervised 72 hours before moving do they stay in the crate the whole 72 hours? Or can they excercise together in run outside? We have work Tuesday so they would be left for at least 8hours without supervision?

it might be worth having a read of this bonding article. http://flashsplace.webs.com/bondingbunnies.htm It sounds like possibly you have bonded at not necessarily the best time, but you're going to have to carry on now, as best you can, I think. It wouldn't be fair on them to separate them again.

Yes, the dog crate in your room is probably the best option.

Back