• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

new rabbit advice

Bethh_677

New Kit
hello i have a male 2 year old blue otter cross breed only a small rabbit, he has been done and in good health. my mom has allowed me to get a new bunny and im so excited. would just like some tips on whether another male or a female would be best bonding tips and all that. thankyou :)

Hey, welcome to the site. If at all possible probably the best thing to do would be to work with a rescue (prefetably one that spays, neuters and vaccinates) and let him find his own friend. The rescue may even do the bonding for you.

A spayed female is best. But either way both rabbits have to be spayed or neutered. I agree with Sky-O, if you go to a rescue they should have rabbits who are already neutered which saves you the stress and money, plus he will be able to chose his own friend.

[SUP]thankyou both. I have decided to adopt a spayed female lionhead from the rspca as she sounds like my rabbits best match! How would I go about the bonding to have as less stress for them both? Get her used to me first and keep her in my room and then go about the bonding? [/SUP]

Have you spoken with the RSPCA you wish to adopt from? They might do bonding for you.

I have some info on my website that I give out to anyone adopting from our Branch of the RSPCA and one of those articles is about bonding so it might be worth having a read :)

Have you spoken with the RSPCA you wish to adopt from? They might do bonding for you.

I have some info on my website that I give out to anyone adopting from our Branch of the RSPCA and one of those articles is about bonding so it might be worth having a read :)

i have not yet phoned up, i will on tuesday. i have sent an email about one of there bunnies but i am waiting for a reply. i will be adopting from wallsal, is there any cost to adopting a rabbit from the rspca? i have just read through the bonding artical and has helped me out, thankyou :)

i have not yet phoned up, i will on tuesday. i have sent an email about one of there bunnies but i am waiting for a reply. i will be adopting from wallsal, is there any cost to adopting a rabbit from the rspca? i have just read through the bonding artical and has helped me out, thankyou :)

There will always be a cost from rescues because they have had their jabs, and usually neutered. Most rescues charge between £20 and £45 per bun to cover these costs. But considering a rabbit spay at my local vets is over £60, I think it's very good value!

There will always be a cost from rescues because they have had their jabs, and usually neutered. Most rescues charge between £20 and £45 per bun to cover these costs. But considering a rabbit spay at my local vets is over £60, I think it's very good value!

that is good value yes, just need to know to get the money off my mum haha, thankyou

Good choice. Walsall are excellent and also on the forum :) I believe they also do bonding too.

Good choice. Walsall are excellent and also on the forum :) I believe they also do bonding too.

Yes it says they do, I've tried ringing twice today no answer I will give them a ring Tuesday, how do you go about adopting, house visit and stuff like that? X

Hiya Beth,

Its been a very busy week for us as its been RSPCA Week and we have been in Tesco stores fundraising, i've just seen your email from early this morning so will reply now :) x

Back